3-Point Hitch 3 pt hitch on YM1700

/ 3 pt hitch on YM1700 #1  

ausshepard

Tractor
Yanmar 1700
I recently purchased a YM1700. According to the information I can find it should have a Category 1 hitch. Mine has a Category 0 hitch. Is it safe to go get Cat 1 hitch arms and make the switch?

/ 3 pt hitch on YM1700 #2  
Welcome to the forum. :welcome: I know some of the smaller US sold Yanmars had the category 0 as an option but this is a first for me. Never heard on a 1700 having the category 0. Sure don't think you can mess up by going to a category 1.

/ 3 pt hitch on YM1700 #3  
   / 3 pt hitch on YM1700 #4  
Nope no harm if you indeed do have a 1700. Pretty much every other one I have heard of has a 1. Maybe yous came over mated with the custom yanmar tiller and the one put the 3pt hitch on he just had laying around or got a good deal on. You can buy the complete setup from Hoye and I should bolt/pin right on.

/ 3 pt hitch on YM1700
The tractor did come with a tiller, and the hitch arms were off. Thanks for the information.

/ 3 pt hitch on YM1700 #6  
Nope no harm if you indeed do have a 1700. Pretty much every other one I have heard of has a 1. Maybe yous came over mated with the custom yanmar tiller and the one put the 3pt hitch on he just had laying around or got a good deal on. You can buy the complete setup from Hoye and I should bolt/pin right on.
I agree with Clemsonfor. But it is hard to tell how or why it's like that. I don't see any problems with switching it to cat 1.