to use tractor attachments.

Attachments

• 234147-h2.jpg
    234147-h2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 863
   / 3 PT HITCH FOR SUV #2  
I think I will keep my tractor... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 3 PT HITCH FOR SUV #3  
Wouldn't have to strain your neck to see the blade like on a tractor............You CAN'T see it at all. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ 3 PT HITCH FOR SUV #4  
Years ago there was a more functional setup for Jeeps. Just coming out of WWII, they used the old Willy's for al kinds of things. One was a hydrualic 3pt. The hydraulics and part of the frame sat in between the rear wheel wells. They made weight sets for the front end to balance out, and had heavy duty springs for the back axle.

Around here, I have seen a couple Jeep CJ7's running around with augers mounted on them, for doing fences. The older Jeep's('42-'86) usually had PTO mounts for the transfer case. I had once thought about a pull behind mower for my CJ5, with a pto drive. Then it got sold, Kubota found it's way into the shed, ect...

/ 3 PT HITCH FOR SUV #5  
The original Land Rovers had PTO's and had all sorts of attachments so they could function as tractor and transportation.

I too think I will keep my tractor....

/ 3 PT HITCH FOR SUV #6  
hmmm I got that old powerwagon, and no tractor...hmmmmmm

/ 3 PT HITCH FOR SUV #7  
Well, 3 points were available for PW, you'll just need a second mortgage on your house to buy one now.
They pop up on the Power Wagon forum from time to time.

/ 3 PT HITCH FOR SUV #8  
I think it makes more sense to put a cab and heater on your tractor and drive it to work.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ 3 PT HITCH FOR SUV #9  
The Moog built by Daimler Benz, although hardly a SUV, was built to be used as both a truck and a tractor but I can't remember ever seeing a 3ph on one. I am sure that many were modified to have a 3ph but I am wondering if it was a factory option. The Niagara Falls Bridge Commission near me has a Moog but it is used strictly for snowblowing and does not have a 3ph. It has a 180D engine permanently mounted on the truck bed just to drive the snowblower. Unlike many setups of this type, it takes just one person to operate rather than two.

/ 3 PT HITCH FOR SUV #10  
<font color="blue"> "The Moog built by Daimler Benz" </font>

Any chance you're referring to the Unimog?