3 PT Dump Truck for Tractor

/ 3 PT Dump Truck for Tractor #1  

Bulldogger

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M9540, FORD 1920, Bobcat S300
I have been thinking about building a 3 PT Dump Truck. This is what I have come up with.

Bed about 6' wide x 4' long x 3' high
Rear tail gate hinged at the top
Dump using hyd. cylinder and rear remote
One swivel wheel in the rear for heavy loads like on a bushhog

I would like to hear any thoughts about how to make it better.
Thanks

/ 3 PT Dump Truck for Tractor #2  
Cool idea. I remember there used to be auto trailers that attached to 2 points on a car bumper and had a single swivel wheel under the frame. The swivel wheel would have to be under it otherwise the material dumped would cover the wheel.

If you have a FEL, you probably wouldn't need it - just make two trips with the tractor. You would have to load it by hand or have another tractor load it for you.

I'd be interested in seeing pics if you make it.

Mark

/ 3 PT Dump Truck for Tractor #3  
My dealer had one on display on the back of a TC29D last year. I don't recall the name of it but it looked pretty much like you described it. Let me know if you want me to call my dealer and find out more.

/ 3 PT Dump Truck for Tractor
Mark

I do have a FEL on my NH TN75D which is what I use now when its not at my other farm. I have a Ford 1920 that stays here but it does not have a FEL.

Loading by hand would be a problem except I will be using it mostly for cleaning out my horse stalls which I can't use a FEL to do anyway.

I will post some pictures when I get it built.

/ 3 PT Dump Truck for Tractor
Spence

If you could call your dealer and find out what kind he had that would be great. I may be able to just buy one instead of building as long as it’s a heavy duty one. If not I could get some ideas from it.

Thanks

/ 3 PT Dump Truck for Tractor #6  
My salesman was out on a call and nobody else seemed to be able to answer my questions. I'll try to remember to call again tomorrow.

/ 3 PT Dump Truck for Tractor #8  
Bulldogger,
I built a wooden box of slightly smaller size for my fel. works great for lighter materials - mulch, leaves, etc and is easily loaded and emptied. Next time I would use angle iron for the base supports though.

Attachments

• 275751-trac box.jpg
    275751-trac box.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 614
   / 3 PT Dump Truck for Tractor #10  
Sorry Bulldogger, I just re-read your original anf the links I supplied are not what you are looking for. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif