3 point stuck in up position ???

/ 3 point stuck in up position ??? #1  

kayssupply

Platinum Member
Tractor
Iseki TA 207
My cousin lives several hundred miles from me. His YM2002D has developed a problem with the three point. It wil go up but not down. He has checked the valve under the seat and it is open. Can anyone out there give me some pointers to relay to him???

/ 3 point stuck in up position ??? #2  
I have noticed on a few that the detent ball that normally rides on the square bar occasionally sticks and not return to original position. The ball works just like a rocker switch, and when it doesn't return to it's normal position it keep constant pressure on the lift arms....and they will not come down until you shut the tractor off.

I would not rule out a dirty or clogged hydraulic screen either.

Mark

/ 3 point stuck in up position ???
Thanks, I have seen a YM1610 have this problem but it has a different kind of valve. Since the tractor is so far away, it is hard to remember how all the linkage works. I'll have him send me some pictures and go with what you have said. Everyone else keep thinking.

/ 3 point stuck in up position ??? #4  
My 3110 stuck up once with bush hog on it . I put the lift lever in the down position & jumped up & down (engine off) on the bush hog & the lift fell down . Has worked ok ever since.I guess it had no choice but to fall.240 lbs jumping up & down on it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 3 point stuck in up position ??? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My cousin lives several hundred miles from me. His YM2002D has developed a problem with the three point. It wil go up but not down. He has checked the valve under the seat and it is open. Can anyone out there give me some pointers to relay to him??? )</font>

They may be a valve under the seat like the tractor I have. It adjusts the speed of the fall as it goes down. I closed mine too far and it would not allow my 3 point hitch to come down. I didn't know what it did until I found it accidently when my 3 point wouldn't go down. I am going to put a picture here of one on my tractor so maybe it will help you find it if you have the same thing I have. I hope this will help you.

Jim Bonham
bsm357@aol.com

MVC-900S.jpg