3 point arms won't respond to control arm spontaniously today

/ 3 point arms won't respond to control arm spontaniously today #21  
Nice fix on your 3PH :D

I hate acronyms, and still end up using them; the other day someone used yet another one that took me awhile to decipher - "PAS" - turned out after reading it in context, it musta meant "PowerAssistedSteering" :rolleyes:

anyway, here's a few I'd saved, HTH (that's HopeThisHelps):laughing:

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/262010-tractor-acronyms.html?highlight=acronym
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/97890-there-glossary-terms.html

My favorite acronym for productivity (don't recall seeing it before I started using it, but probably) is GOYADIN which of course stands for Get Off Yer Azz, Do It Now :D ... Steve

/ 3 point arms won't respond to control arm spontaniously today
thank you kind sir for the compliment. Ref: "CUT"

To quote a radio voice I grew up on WBCK AM 930 "And that,(slight pause) is the rest, of the story." Thank you Paul Harvey.

FWIW, I was born in the town that missed being the capitol of Michigan by one vote. I also have a fondness for trains too. (My Grand-Uncle was a Breakman for GT for several decades.)
And... I went to 'Cornflake U.' (its their official nickname too)

Tip-O'-the-hat

Nice fix on your 3PH :D

I hate acronyms, and still end up using them; the other day someone used yet another one that took me awhile to decipher - "PAS" - turned out after reading it in context, it musta meant "PowerAssistedSteering" :rolleyes:

anyway, here's a few I'd saved, HTH (that's HopeThisHelps):laughing:

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/262010-tractor-acronyms.html?highlight=acronym
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/97890-there-glossary-terms.html

My favorite acronym for productivity (don't recall seeing it before I started using it, but probably) is GOYADIN which of course stands for Get Off Yer Azz, Do It Now :D ... Steve

FWIW As a (legacy) Navy veteran I have plenty of acronyms that are .... well, funny and yet not clean too. I have alot of ASCII art and 'NET/PC/Linux acronyms that are tattooed to my brain from years of learning how to build PC's since the 386 models. Funny I've no memory of THAT one. I like it. GOYADIN. I wonder if there is a pronunciation for it that is debated like potatoe eh?

the one I coined is B4N (ByeForNow) because its not farewell. You expect to see them again.

cheers

/ 3 point arms won't respond to control arm spontaniously today #24  
Guess it could be pronounced Go Yadin, but since I've been playing music off and on for the last 69 years (piano, synths, bass, guitars, drums...) I prefer Goya Din (none of my approximately 2 dozen guitars are Goya, but I'm definitely aware of the name ;)

Know what you mean on "colorful" lingo, 4 yrs in the Army Security Agency '65-69, learned a few words/phrases there (some in basic, from a WAC Sergeant :eek: )

Worked for Memorex after, first in video labs then on a design team in their digital development lab, when the only 'puters ANYBODY had were mainframes. Later built a few 8088 machines, then '286's, skipped the 386, did a couple 486, then early pentium, etc - currently configuring a win10 machine with 32 gigs ram, triple UHD monitors, added firewire card (legacy DV gear) - currently only has a single 1TB drive, soon to be relegated to backups and replaced with 3 1 TB SSD's. Its only function is gonna be media (audio and video recording/editing) - sound card(s) are external rack mount with total inputs currently @ 64 in, 10 out.

My favorite acronym in computers - older SCSI term, TWAIN drivers - for quite a while, everybody wanted to know what that stood for; reportedly, the designer/programmers finally admitted that they brainstormed for days tryin' to come up with a name for their methods - finally gave up.

Technology
Without
An
Interesting
Name

Downside of bein' interested in nearly EVERYTHING - your "hobbies" will BANKRUPT you :rolleyes: ...Steve

Well, well, well.....it seems a namesake, I have found in BukitCase /salute (are you with or w/out the 'n'?

Similar g33ky "hobbies" too I am chuckling over.

/end tangent (good night all.)