3 axle Fendt TRISIX Vario

/ 3 axle Fendt TRISIX Vario #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
This tractor is an interesting system designed for the narrow European roads.

AGCO Fendt GmbH : Press Information

fendt_trisix_vario1_177.jpg

Here is a viedo of the original prototype:) PB400 mit Scheibenegge :: landlive.de :: Community Landwirtschaft

/ 3 axle Fendt TRISIX Vario #2  
Watching that rig turn is neat. Front and rear axles both steer, with a full suspension system even.

/ 3 axle Fendt TRISIX Vario
Yeah, the only problem I see is that it is going to tear up a lot of equipment if operators run as fast and hard as the one in the video. I am going to assume he was just showing off what the tractor can do but:eek:

/ 3 axle Fendt TRISIX Vario #4  
Wow, that video was impressive. The disk however, is a little small for a tractor that big. That tractor was moving. 12-15 mph is my guess. I should be able to break equipment and get tangled in fences with no problems at that speed. The speed does show off the suspension system very nicely. In my Farm Journal magazine, it said the transport speed is 40mph. The 3 axle design is a possible solution to tight transport widths that 4WD and track tractors can't accomodate. 3 axles give higher transfer of power, improved traction and reduced compaction. It is suppose to have a high performance braking system and optional anti-lock brakes.

Yes, the 3 axle design is Fendt's take on the width limitation. Case-IH sells a lot of quadtracks in Europe but they don't have the high speed the European contractors desire. They sell some tired versions of the STX but again they don't have the real high speed road gear.

I would love to try one of these Fendts out for fun but I would think looking out the back of the cab would be terrible with those huge fenders.

/ 3 axle Fendt TRISIX Vario #6  
"Yeah, the only problem I see is that it is going to tear up a lot of equipment if operators run as fast and hard as the one in the video. I am going to assume he was just showing off what the tractor can do but.."

Yeah, that video has to be simply for demo of the tractor itself.....seeing that disc skip from rise-to-rise all while throwing rooster-tails of dirt into the air isn't really doing a whole lot for soil conditioning or seed bed prep.

The Tri-Six a pure Euro idea..........delivering more and more HP to the ground while staying within European standards on width and transportability. Many of their roads remind me a lot of our "farm to market" roads here....narrow, two-lane jobs without shoulders and plenty of curves. As a kid I got the thrill of roading my unc's Case 4wd down the paved highway while dragging a trio of Krause one-ways.......we were all over the place. But, no on-comers for miles at a stretch in the Texas Panhandle and very flat right-of-ways meant that I could take a great deal of leniency.

No such comfort on narrow, travelled Euro-ways...

/ 3 axle Fendt TRISIX Vario #7  
Pretty cool; I like out of the ordinary machinery. Good grief, it evens offers ABS according to the press release.

Watching the video, made me think this unique rig needs to have a couple of large speakers mounted on it and "Flight of the Valkyrie" blasting out of them. Seems appropriate for German farm country.

/ 3 axle Fendt TRISIX Vario #8  
Versatile tried the 3 axle tractor concept sometime in the late 70's or early 80's but they never could get all the power to the ground. I wonder what Fendt did differently to make it work?

/ 3 axle Fendt TRISIX Vario #9  
The rooster tails off the disc were pretty impressive. The crash when tangling with a fence or whatever would be equally impressive. It would be neat to see one in person, just not while it was coming down a 2 lane road at 40 mph.

ScottAR said:
Versatile tried the 3 axle tractor concept sometime in the late 70's or early 80's but they never could get all the power to the ground. I wonder what Fendt did differently to make it work?

I think the suspension system is what helps it put the power to the ground.

The old Versatile Big Roy was an articulated 4 axle machine but it was not appropriate for North American farming as dual wheel Versatiles and Steigers were more compact and plenty big enough for the market at the time.

Now that European farming has grown to the point of needing high horsepower tractors they are bringing back some old ideas. The front and rear axle steering sure is a slick setup and removes an articulation joint. What I am curious about is how the weight distribution is? Do you think they want 33% of the weight on each axle or would it even matter on this setup?