3/4” or 1” cordless impacts

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #11  
I have a Harbor Freight Earthquake 3/4". It did OK for a few things I needed it for.

Since then they have a Hercules 3/4" model which is rated as slightly more powerful. I have several Hercules tools, and probably would choose that one instead.

I don't tend to do a lot of large impacting.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #13  
That's because they have larger anvils and produce higher torque. Beats the $900+ Mularkey. Besides, I already had the batteries. Hands down, better there too. ;)
The facts don't support the higher (measured) torque argument, all brands marketing lies about it, but I fully understand the battery issue, I'm tied into a lesser brand myself. Started 25+ years ago when that's what I could afford and just stuck with it.

Dewalt is definitely the upper tier though, good tools, just not the be all, end all in everything.

Last edited:
   / 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts
Would like to avoid another group of cordless tools, chargers & batteries.

Can’t understand why Milwaukee is the only one of the large, well known brands to offer a big 3/4“-1” impact, though.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #15  
I have the 18V Brushless MAKITA 3/4" Impact Wrench for two main reasons:

1. I have other Makita tools so plenty of batteries and chargers.

2. The Makita is (was at the time) the only one with an anti-vibe rubberised mount between the handle and the battery connection.
Apparently that protects the electronics in the handle from vibration shock.
If you rock/twist the battery you can observe the movement possible.

Nothing has defeated it yet in my work.
It has the C-ring on the nose of the anvil to hold sockets 'on' and has a hole for the optional safety pin which is secured with the rubber O-ring if you purchase one.

A colleague has the Hitachi/Hikoki 3/4" which seems OK too.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #16  
Unless you own something bigger, like a tractor or heavy equipment you don’t need a larger impact like 3/4 drive or 1” drive so the market is smaller. I own a 3/4 drive ratchet set in metric and english but don’t use it that often.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #17  
The biggest drawback on milwaukee is the battery gets loose with time where it slides onto the impact and sometimes it wouldn't connect. Always happens when you are in a awkward position to. Aside from that we love our milwaukee tools.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #18  
Would like to avoid another group of cordless tools, chargers & batteries.

Can’t understand why Milwaukee is the only one of the large, well known brands to offer a big 3/4“-1” impact, though.

Would you consider something entirely different?

I was so impressed with the 3/4-inch Stanley hydraulic impact that came with my crane that I bought a used 1-inch version on eBay.

Normally I use my Milwaukee 1/2 inchers, and love them, but when up to 2,500 ft.lbs. is needed the hydraulic ones sure do the job.

/ 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #19  
My dewalt 1/2” battery impact is out for delivery today. Cant wait.

Last edited:
   / 3/4” or 1” cordless impacts #20  
I have a Milwaukee V28 kit with 2 batteries in a canvas tote bag high up in my shop shelving unit. Ihave not used it since i got the dewalt 20V units. That V28 can wear you out quickly. Very heavy unit.

plus the dang batteries are now over $180 each.