3-16 plow on mx5100

/ 3-16 plow on mx5100 #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
So....I've had a 3-14 plow for several years. Never had an issue with pulling it with the MX. But being a smaller, older, Ferguson plow, and no trash/cover boards, or even a good way to attach some, the plow would constantly load up on corn stubble no matter how I prepped the field.

Here is that plow

IMG_20161026_151630550_HDR.jpg

So I have been looking for higher clearance plow with cover boards and wasn't having much luck finding a 3-14 but did fine a Deere 3-16.

(Actually used to be a 4-16 but someone before me removed the front bottom).

It's quite a bit heavier plow.

Does a real nice job and didn't plug up a single time with corn stubble. So I think we have a winner.

But to anyone else, if you have a MX, I'd say the 3-16 is a bit much. Definitely worked the tractor alot harder, and broke traction a couple of times where I had to bump the plow up and inch or so to keep moving. And that's with loaded tires PLUS 300# wheel weights per side, and ag tires.

The much more "worked" gardens that I plowed were no issue. But my acre plot of corn was the tougher area.

All on all, just a couple times on a slight uphill I had to bump the lever up a tad, I'm happy. Sure beats stopping a dozen times to unplug the corn stubble wadded up around the beam/frame.

IMG_20221028_172214553.jpg

IMG_20221028_172230405_HDR.jpg

/ 3-16 plow on mx5100 #2  
Yes - I'd say that's working hard and doing a good job for you. I'm sort of in shell shock - so very much plowed land - NO rocks.

/ 3-16 plow on mx5100 #3  
Nice and it looks like heavy clay soil too. That can be the worst stuff to plow. I bought one of these for my MX and use it instead of a garden plow in the fall and spring to break up the clay. Then rototill.

https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...tor-85in-bar-p/fc-field-cultivator-cain-7.htm

I bought the 85” 9 shank model

/ 3-16 plow on mx5100
Yes - I'd say that's working hard and doing a good job for you. I'm sort of in shell shock - so very much plowed land - NO rocks.
There are actually quite a few rocks in the bit I plow for deere corn.

That pic was the garden....and yes its pretty clean

/ 3-16 plow on mx5100 #5  
Some of the deere models where noted for pulling harder than other brands but agree certainly looks you are getting the job done.

We had an IH 700 which pulled easier than neighbors deere but I do not remember model of the deere.