Price Check 2910 price

/ 2910 price #1  

David USMC

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jd 345
Hi, Here are the prices Ive been quoted on the 2910HSD. Tractor itself...$13700, Loader...$3000. 60 inch mid mount mower...$2000. Kubota tiller...50 inch heavy duty..FL1271c..$2100. Are these prices competitive.QQQ.(I assume the loader is the quick attach variety...LA402.)

/ 2910 price #2  
David, I'd say those are competitive prices and you won't go wrong. If it were me, I'd buy a 3-point mower for the rear instead of the mid-mount and you can buy good ones cheaper than a mid-mount or belly mower (but that's my personal preference; the mid-mount might be better for your use and worth the extra cost) and while I'm sure Kubota's tiller is a good one, I'd sure look at some other brands because in my opinion the Kubota brand tillers are overpriced.

Bird

/ 2910 price
Thanks Bird, you have patiently answered my posts. If Im spending this kind of cash I want it all orange... may help in resale. Three point hitch finish mowing is not a good option on the size property I have. Too old I guess to try I negotiate trees and such. Do you have any thoughts on the noise generated by the Kubota vs the Deere 4400 with the 60 inch belly mower. I think the Deere may be a tad bit quieter. Is this an issue..QQQ. I drive a Toyota pickup with 400,000 plus miles. Im sold on what comes out of Japan. Thanks in advance. David

/ 2910 price #4  
David,
I have a 2710 with 60" mid mount mower. The noise level is 1/2 engine and 1/2 mower. Since you run the mower at at least 2k RPM, the noise level is high. When I mow 8 acres at a friends farm I wear full coverage ear muffs. When doing my home yard (1 acre) the noise is not that offensive. Please note and maybe try mounting/dismounting the mower deck at a dealer as it can be difficult to align. I'd get the 2910 or 2710 over the deer, but then I was in the Air Force so what do I know /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

Pete

B2710/LA401/4690

/ 2910 price #5  
That's a good point, David. If it's all one brand, looks a little better and will probably have better resale value, as well as the fact that you only have one dealer and manufacturer to deal with, so that can be worth a few bucks extra. As for the noise; I haven't used a belly mower on a compact tractor, only on riding mowers. And I don't know just how loud a Deere 4400 is. It does seem to me that my cousin's TC29 New Holland is quieter than my B2710, but I've never had them together to be sure. Of course, I'm not the best one to ask about the sound, since I'm 60 years old and wear two hearing aids./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ 2910 price #6  
Have the 72" belly mower on the 2710--fairly loud, I plan to wear ear gear when doing the full lawn. Remember reading 80db for the tractor.

Suggest you look at the 72" deck--much easier to install/align than the 60". Both are covered in the same manual, and I've noted a few times already big apparent differences while reading through.

Not sure how intensively you'll use the tiller, but a lot of good used ones out there at reasonable prices. In the extreme, my neighbor came over and did my 1A garden the other day with his rusty $15, yes $15, auction special. As far as resale, he would have done well had he accepted my $50 offer--no luck!

Besst of luck.

/ 2910 price #7  
I always run my mower at 2600 RPMs. Its a rear mount 5' finish mower. I agree that about half the noise is the tractor (B2710) and half the mower, but it doesn't seem that loud to me - certainly not loud enough for ear protection. Seems about as loud as my Craftsman riding mower. When my son drives the rig I have noticed that when he gets about 100 yards away I can barely here the rig at all. As for belly vs rear mount I wouldn't take for my rear mount. I don't see how a belly can be any more maneuverable. As long as I can get the ROPS under the tree, after I go around the tree I can whip the rear mower in behind me and leave hardly enough grass around the tree for the string trimmer. How do you get those belly mowers into corners and under trees with low brances? I also saved about $500 with the rear mount too, and I don't have that belly deck in my way when I'm using the loader and doing other stuff.

That does sound like a good price on the 2910 though.

/ 2910 price #8  
David,

As far as the mower goes, ask the dealer if he has one of each you could try. My dealer has been excellent with that sort of stuff. He has implements for rent and if you are going to buy, he'll let you take anything to try it.

just a thought....

Mike.

/ 2910 price #9  
M. Sullivan states a number of apparent differences between the 60" and 72" mid mounts. I am just about ready to plunk down some hard earned cash on a 2710 with the 60" mower. Should I re-think the mower size to a 72???? I do want to stay with a mid mount as opposed to a rear mount. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

/ 2910 price #10  
I have also priced a 2910 recently and the only price that seems to be high is for the Kubota tiller. I got a price of $1700 for a 60" woods tiller. As for the mower size, the only reason I am looking at a 2710 and 2910 are so I can get a 72" mid-mower. Since the tractor can handle it why not get a tiller that will cover your tire tread and a mower that make full use of the tractor? Unless the idea is to spend more time on the tractor? Maybe I'm on to something here!