2860M info?

/ 2860M info? #1  

mingoman

Tractor
650 John Deere
I've been looking for any information on the new 2860 without much luck.
Been trying to decide on a cab tractor or a toss-up between the 1755 ops or a 2606H.
The cab would be nice, but definitely adds to the price.

/ 2860M info?
My local dealer gave me this so its a start. If this is correct it still shows tier 4 emissions too. IMG_3437.jpg

/ 2860M info? #3  
My knowledge of emissions is very limited, but I believe every tractor sold has to comply with some type of emissions standard. Generally the smaller the Hp the less controls that were required by manufactures to meet the standards with some of the SCUT needing what everyone would call "no controls" However, it was just a fact that the standards for low Hp tractors could be meet without adding a filter (DPF), using urea (DEF), high pressure common rail fuel injection or something else.

The sheet your dealer gave you just indicates that it is Tier 4F compliant, the details in how it complies is what you need to know. I believe Massey, like many of the other manufactures are getting away from the DPF as a means of control and going with a high pressure common rail or something else. Each method of control has its good and bad points.

/ 2860M info? #4  
The new models are Iseki, with Iseki engine and transmission, will need to do periodic Regen procedures. I thought I read somewhere it was tier 5 now. Hood looks better in my opinion, but that's just cosmetic. Wish the hydro pedals were in the floor vs being suspended from the center console. They just feel weird to me.

I have the R4 on my John Deere but I might want to try out the newer combo tires, they are kinda a cross between turf, ag, and snow tires I think. People say they have decent traction. R4 suck in the snow.

/ 2860M info?
The new models are Iseki, with Iseki engine and transmission, will need to do periodic Regen procedures. I thought I read somewhere it was tier 5 now. Hood looks better in my opinion, but that's just cosmetic. Wish the hydro pedals were in the floor vs being suspended from the center console. They just feel weird to me.

I have the R4 on my John Deere but I might want to try out the newer combo tires, they are kinda a cross between turf, ag, and snow tires I think. People say they have decent traction. R4 suck in the snow.
I'm far enough south that snow is still a magical event even at my advancing age.
Found a decent description online after searching for 2800M instead of 2860 too.
I'll post up pictures of whatever I decide on soon.

/ 2860M info? #6  
You need to decide what your applications are. If you want more creature comforts and a powershuttle or hydro for lots of loader work doing property maintenance the 2800M is hard to beat - but if you plan on doing a lot of field work the 2606H might be your better bet.

/ 2860M info?
Not really a lot of field work. More mowing in the orchard and keeping the pastures from turning into a forest, which is the way they're headed.
I used to have a guy hog it every year, but he sold his tractor and it hasn't been mowed in 3 years.

/ 2860M info? #9  
Thanks for starting the thread and welcome to TBN.

I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts after getting your hands on this tractor. Take some pics and post please. Thanks!!

/ 2860M info? #10  
Vahrenberg is GREAT to deal with. He is why I have a 2605H to pull my Ferguson 1947 3 bottom plow :)
[for those who did not click the youtube link - it goes to his channel]