2810HST vs 3015

/ 2810HST vs 3015 #1  

Byra

Tractor
Mahindra 3015
I am trying to decide between these 2 tractors.

Ill be using the tractor on my 80% wooded 17 acres for bushhogging about 2 acres, maintaining about 1000' of driveway, clearing some trees, hauling wood, tilling a garden plot, and general maintenance.

As far as implements go, i think im going to need a brushhog, a loader, a boxblade, and a backhoe to start with.

The 2810 is over 400 lbs heavier, but has less HP, less lift capacity, and a smaller implement hydraulic pump. Other than that, I dont see much difference between these tractors.

Unfortunately, my local dealer doesnt have either in stock so I cant check either out in person without going for a long drive.

From the posts Ive read here, it seems the 3015 is a bit cheaper than the 2810.

Is there any reason to pick the 2810 over the 3015?

Thank you for your advice!

--Byra

/ 2810HST vs 3015 #2  
You really need to sit on both of them. I have them side by side here, and they are totally different tractors. The 2810HST looks like a 35-40HP tractor. The 3015 is more compact. The 3015 is built in Japan by Mitsu, the 10 series are built by TYM in S Korea.

I've got them both...and I can't decide myself!

/ 2810HST vs 3015 #3  
Byra:

Depending just where north central Fla. is you may have a Branson tractor close to you, have you looked at them. Not to take anything away from Mahindra tractors...both good machines

/ 2810HST vs 3015
Whiskey, I was considering the Branson tractors, but they dont offer hydro transmissions, and that is a must-have for me.

Dave, am I correct that the 3015 is a little cheaper than the 2810HST? According to the dimensions, they are essentially the same size (length and width). What is it that makes the 2810 seem 'beefier'? It seems that if the 3015 is cheaper and also stronger, then it should be the one to get, unless I am missing something. Am I?

Thanks!

/ 2810HST vs 3015 #5  
Branson is a very good machine, we sell them as well, but the lack of HST limits the product line.

The 2810 Mahindra uses larger tires and sets higher. It just looks bigger. If you can't get some good pictures of the two on the web, let me know and maybe I can set them side by side and take a picture.

The 2810 is heavier, it uses two pedals instead of a rocker pedal for the HST, and it has a electric over hydraulic PTO engagement feature. All minor differences.

As for price, about $300 more for the 10 series. It's really a matter of preference. The specs make the 3015 a slightly better value on paper, and it is a great machine, but I'd still recommend driving both. You can't make a bad decision with either.

/ 2810HST vs 3015 #6  
Byra: Take a look at BillsTractor.com for pictures & tractor
specs. Bill has been selling Mahindra Tractors for years and may be able to help. Enjoy which one you pick.

/ 2810HST vs 3015 #7  
I am very biased, I already have a 2810HST & I love it! Great machine. When I purchased, the 15 series were not out yet. I recently went back to the dealer for a oil filter & looked at the 15 series. They look like nice units, however I think I would still choose the 2810 over the 3015. Keep in mind my previous disclaimer, I'm very biased on the 2810. I think if it were me, I would have to see them & sit on them to make a decision. How far a ride is it to see them both on the same lot?

/ 2810HST vs 3015
Well, I cant find a 3015 anywhere around here unfortunately. A dealer about 30 minutes from here has a 2810HST in stock, so at least i can try that one out.

Can you tell me what it is in particular that would lead you to still pick the 2810 over the 3015?

Thanks!

/ 2810HST vs 3015 #9  
Byra:

I have a Mahindra dealer not far from me in Dade City. The last time I was up his way he had a goot selection on his lot...but this may be the dealer your looking at already.

If not I could pass his phone # along to you if your interested or I'm sure it's posted on the Mahindra site

/ 2810HST vs 3015 #10  
At the time I was comparing tractors I also looked at Cub Cadet, My dealer has both. Cub was or is made by Mitsubishi, as are the 15 series. The Cubs were a couple of thousand $ more than the 10 series & I felt were not offering me more value. What impressed me about the 2810 was the massive front end, very stout. I liked the hydraulic steering cylinders L&R, not just one side w/ cross link to other side. I didn't compare loader specs w/ Cub, but did w/ other brands & it seemed to offer more capacity. It is very stable with loaded tires & a full bucket of stone. The sloping nose offers good visibility when using the FEL. I really liked the two pedal hydro vs. the rocker pedal. I have a 3pth snowblower & do a lot of backing. Very easy to get on & off, the flat floor is very roomy. It is also more spacious than the 2810 gear unit, on the gear unit, the shifter was up against my leg, the steering wheel bumped my knee, etc. I don't think you can go wrong, if the power suits you but, I would still recommend you try to sit on both on the same lot, even if it's a couple of hours drive to do so.