2810 Question

/ 2810 Question #1  

GregF

Hi everybody.
Just found this site and it looks great.

I recently purchased a 2810 for doing some light work, cleaning pens, pushing a little dirt around, mowing and so on. So far I am very happy with this machine.

I have a couple of quick questions.

The owners manual it came with leaves a little to be desired and I am wondering if there is another book that goes a little more in depth for maintaining it and repairs?

I am also interested in changing the amount of time the glow plugs run. This thing will always start in the cold but never on the first try. It will huff and puff and rattle but not quite take off and go until I shut it down and glow it one or two more times. After that it is happy and ready to work.

Thanks,

Greg F.

/ 2810 Question #2  
I had the same problem with my 2810. It was covered under warranty so I went and asked the dealer about hard starting. He told me that there was a problem with the timer for the glow plugs. He ordered the part for me which was covered by the warranty. When it can in I picked it up and changed it out myself. There were very clear directions with it. It seems that the timer was a recall on certain models. The timer is located on the under side of the dash panel. It just plugs in. The problem is that there is an identical part next to the timer for the glow plugs. The direction are very helpful. Since I changed it I have had no problems starting during cold weather.