2810 HST Oil Change

/ 2810 HST Oil Change #1  

rotordave

Tractor
Mahindra 2810 HST
I recently did a 50 hour engine oil change in my 2810 HST, and noticed an extra drain plug to the left side of the one that was listed in the manual- I drained that side also, and it looked like the right stuff- also filled up with proper amount on the re-fill. Anyone familiar with this extra plug? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 2810 HST Oil Change #2  
There are two drain plugs on the oil pan due to the shape that allows the front driveshaft to pass through. I assume thats what you're referring to?

/ 2810 HST Oil Change #3  
I have 2 plugs on my 4110. Just changed the oil in it. Had to drain both. The manual shows only 1 plug. By the way, was your oil filter on super tight??? The oil filter from the factory was on so darn tight, that I nearly couldn't get it off. Finally got it to budge, then it unscrewed. I hate the first oil change on anything with a filter. Factory tight is usually too tight.

/ 2810 HST Oil Change #4  
I just took my 2810HST in to the dealer where I bought the tractor . When I picked it up I didn't notice Hydrostatic oil or a filter on the invoice. When I asked the mechanic he said they had a filter butcouldn't find where it went so they didn't do it.

I guess they don't have any service manuals or can't read.
I does sink home when people tell you a dealer should into the equation when buying a tractor.

Really gives me great faith in my dealer. Anyway I ordered the filter (ouch !!) and am going to do it myself.

Hope you enjoy your 2810HST as much as I have

2810HST , FEL , 3375HOE.

/ 2810 HST Oil Change #5  
I completely understand. I have gotten conflicting information regarding the hydrostatic filter and transmission filter. Most of the dealers have told me to "clean" the hydrostatic filter (the small filter at the rear end), but to not worry about the other larger transmission filter at 50 hour change (on the 3510 it is a spin on, 4110 it is a cartridge costing about $38.). Some dealers have no idea at all what to do with these filters, I think they are all just "winging it".
I wrote to Mahindra USA headquarters over 3 weeks ago requesting information on a service manual, and comments on the tractor service experience so far, and I have heard nothing from them. So far, my opinion of Mahindra is that it may be a good tractor, BUT the company behind it so far is NOT impressive. I have been considering selling my Mahindra, and buying a brand that the dealers in my area know all about. Given that I am about 10 minutes from the Mahindra USA headquarters, you would think this would not be a problem. I might pay them a surprise visit with a copy of my letter that was never answered. Wonder what would happen?

/ 2810 HST Oil Change #6  
Ken,

Service mannuals are availible, if your dealer wont sell you one, i would be happy too. This should not be an issue to get a service or parts mannual. We as a dealer have parts and service manuals for all the tractors for our use and have got them for customers in the past. If i can be any further help feel free to call or e-mail me directly.

Scott
www.NewEnglandTractor.com

/ 2810 HST Oil Change #7  
I'm suprised they "couldn't" find the filter. Did you talk to Jim about it? It appears my faith may be misplaced as well, if thats how it's handled. I may do my own 50hr service, as I can at least find the filters. I'd be interested to know if service could be an issue there in the future.

/ 2810 HST Oil Change #8  
I was very surprised also they didn't know where the filter went and didn't change the hydro oil. You would have thought they would have looked it up in a service manual. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

It is in my owners manual.

I called down to New England tractor and they got me the filters right off. I wish they were a little closer.

Since I have had the tractor I have had to reverse
the power beyond couplings , the FEL control fell off in my hands, the rear wheel almost fell off and I have had to reinstall the hydraulic lines on the bucket.

I enjoyed doing bussiness with Jim and have not had any serious problems with the tractor , but feel the quality in his service department could be a lot be better.

All in all I still am very happy with the tractor.

Our Local ATV club has been awarded a grant from the state for a tractor.

I am looking at the Koiti for the club.

Good Luck on your 50 hour service.

/ 2810 HST Oil Change #9  
Geez, that's scary. The hydraulic filter is in plain sight in the belly recess. Sounds more to me like no one looked.

Speaking of this filter, I went to the dealer to get the parts to do my own service, about keeled over when I heard the price of the filter. The dealer was sympathetic and gave me the Donaldson part number, local NAPA sells the same one for about 1/3 price. Want to support my dealer if practical but can't afford $70 bucks for a filter.

I'll share the filter number if anyone is interested.

/ 2810 HST Oil Change #10  
I'd be real interested to know the part #. I've got 43 hrs on now & I will do my own 50hr service.