Price Check 2710 Fair Price ?

/ 2710 Fair Price ? #1  

jasonf

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 2710
I'm in Upstate NY and was given a price of $15,000 for a new 2710, with a 402 Loader, 60" bucket (not 54") and the Optional 4 position value so I can use the front snoblower in the future. It seems fair, could anybody give me any feedback as to this price/tractor? Does anybody know where I can get an EXCELLENT Service manual for this as I will be doing all work/upgrades in the future? Also where can I get some Calcium Ballast for the Rear tires? I'm new to all of this but this forum is GREAT and I will be using it heavily in the future !!

Thanks in advance for all replies......

/ 2710 Fair Price ? #2  
jasonf, if you're not kidding, that's a great price; buy it! And the dealer can get you a shop manual, or you can do like I did, and order both shop manual and parts manual from Carver Equipment by clicking on their banner on this forum, then calling them to order (and you really do need both the shop and parts manuals).

Bird

/ 2710 Fair Price ? #3  
I'm glad to hear you say that because today (Saturday) I got my 2710 and am in heaven! No more snow blowing my hilly 1/5 mile driveway by hand anymore in the rain/snow!

I've seen your name all over the forums, so since you have been at this awhile, let me ask you is it better to use Calcium/water or Antifreeze/water in the Rear tire as ballast? I'll give Carver a call about the manuals, thanks for the advice!

Time to go take a picture of me and my NEW tractor and then get to some serious play, I mean work !

Thanks
Jason

/ 2710 Fair Price ? #4  
Jason, I'm down in Texas, so I don't even know where you could get the calcium; it just ain't used around here. One person even told me it was illegal, but I don't know where he got that. I put 2 gallons of Prestone in each rear tire, then filled to about the 75% level with water, but we get very little freezing weather, no snow plowing, and I'm not likely to take my tractor out of the shop when it's freezing. The calcium is heavier; just remember that it's also highly corrosive. You'll find some other opinions, but I wouldn't use it at all, and certainly wouldn't want it in a tire without a tube. I've never remembered to ask my dealer, but I was surprised that my tractor came with Firestone tube type tires on the rear, and Goodyear tubeless on the front. Makes me wonder if the reason was so you could put calcium in the rear ones like the manual suggests. Have fun with the new tractor.

Bird

/ 2710 Fair Price ? #5  
Jason, I asked the dealer where I could get my tires loaded. He gave me a name of a gy yhat will come out and do it with calcium or antifreeze for $35 service call and $3/gallon of fluid added to the tire. My JD4300 required 29 gallons/tire for calcium chloride but he didn't stock but could order it. If I wanted antifreeze, I had to buy the antifreeze and he charged $1/gallon I believe. The dealer said the calcium chloride wasn't a problem as long as you had no leaks onto metal surfaces and you kept the tires absolutely full beyond the top of the rim so there could be no calcium chloride and air mixture. Sounded like more trouble than it was worth. It did weigh a few pounds.gallon more than antifreeze.

/ 2710 Fair Price ? #6  
Jason, Where in NY are you? I'm near Rochester and am thinking of upgrading to a B2710-2910. What was the name of the dealer that gave you that great price!

Von

/ 2710 Fair Price ? #7  
I wish I coulda bought my 2710 for $15K with loader. I doubt you could get it for less than that.

/ 2710 Fair Price ? #8  
Yeah, Alan, I thought I was doing good when I got mine last year for $15,500.

Bird