Price Check 26B Cost - Price Check on Backhoe for Max 26XL

/ 26B Cost - Price Check on Backhoe for Max 26XL #1  

rmzachar

Tractor
Mahindra Max 26XL
Just checking to see what the average price of the 26b backhoe should cost. I got the 26XL last year and was thinking of adding a backhoe to it. I just got quoted a price of ~$8000 installed. That seems very high to me, especially since I was told the Max 26XL with loader and backhoe brand new would go for around 27k-28k.

Does anyone have any idea of this price is the norm? I'm going to call a couple other dealers and see what they say, but I can't justify pay 8k for the backhoe when I only paid 13k for the tractor (a 2015 that had 40hrs on it).

/ 26B Cost - Price Check on Backhoe for Max 26XL #2  
Often the cheapest way to add a Backhoe is to sell your existing tractor and buy a new one with a Backhoe as part of the new package.

$8,000 installed is about right for an aftermarket Backhoe. After your tractor arrives your choices are limited, although there are aftermarket Backhoe suppliers, with Woods being a premium brand.

If buying new consider a tractor with an INTEGRATED Backhoe like the Kubota BX23S T-L-B or B26 T-L-B.
VIDEOS (2): BX23S - YouTube
Kubota B26 - YouTube

Mahindra probably offers T-L-B models with an INTEGRATED Backhoe too.

Last edited:
   / 26B Cost - Price Check on Backhoe for Max 26XL #3  
The RK brand tractor offers a very reasonably priced backhoe but do not have stores in your area. Their attachments are only compatible w/ their tractors. Take a look at RK Tractors website for comparison purposes.

Last edited: