2610 3pt hitch rapid leak down

/ 2610 3pt hitch rapid leak down #1  

dieselfuelonly

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1401D
My 3pt hitch is leaking down pretty rapidly with weight on it. I noticed this after using my land leveler and leaving the 3pt raised (completely or partially) with the engine running at idle, I could watch it drop slightly and hear the RPM drop and the pump kick in about every second or so to bring it back up. Shut it off and you can watch and hear the creaks as the implement drops down. I raised the implement completely, shut off the engine and completely closed the 3pt speed control valve under the seat. Implement still drops. Anything else I can check before it goes to the dealer?

/ 2610 3pt hitch rapid leak down #2  
Looks like the classic case of bad piston seals on the lift cylinder. Those are usually the symptoms for bad lift cylinder seals. It leaks down, then the position control valve kicks in doing its job to maintain the height, creating the jumping effect.

I don't know your tractor in particular but some tractors, it's possible to take the piston of the lift cylinder out without too much fuss. Other requires taking the entire rockshaft housing (the one under the seat) out, to get to the lift cylinder.

The seal kit shouldn't be too expensive.

/ 2610 3pt hitch rapid leak down
Still under warranty so I'll let the dealer handle it. I don't want any excuses out of Kioti for this at <200 hours lol. It could have been a problem since I got the tractor... rarely use the 3pt since I have the backhoe on most of the time. Think this thing was put together on a Friday - same tractor that head a new head put on at 8 hours because of a casting defect at the rear freeze plug where it wouldn't seal.

/ 2610 3pt hitch rapid leak down #4  
Oh sure. Warranty is exactly for stuff like this. Let them deal with that. Sometimes the seal can get pinched during installation, mostly common on Fridays like you said. Those things don't usually go bad that fast, specially when you rarely used the 3 pt.