25hp Tractors for Vegetable Farming

/ 25hp Tractors for Vegetable Farming #61  
I was actually thinking about making a splitter with a PTO powered pump. I like to avoid owning small engines whenever I can. They usually end up sitting idle for too long and then giving me trouble, because I was to lazy or too forgetful to drain out the fuel or stabilize it.
I use a hydraulic log splitter powered from my 25hp tractor's little pump. It is kinda slow! but there's enough power there to split some really tough oak rounds, no problem. I do have a design in the works for a PTO driven pump, and most of the parts have been sitting on the workbench for a few months. One benefit I've found with this older Chinese Diesel is it'll use veggie oil. Smells much better than standard diesel.

/ 25hp Tractors for Vegetable Farming #62  
Whatever brand you choose check out availability of parts . I didn't think I could get use to the kubota pedal either , now it is just second nature for me , no problems at all . I have a friend who bought a new tractor one of the brands your looking at and he has had more problems getting things repaired due to parts not being available , and this was before covid . It did get fixed eventually but it was in the shop on several occasions for many different reasons and he was never happy at all . He tried to save a few dollars and it didn't work out very well for him .

/ 25hp Tractors for Vegetable Farming #63  
I'm looking to get into vegetable farming and am considering getting a couple of 25hp tractors to do it. There are a lot more options on the market than I expected and I'm not sure which model(s) would work best for me. I plan on having beds that are 36" wide with 18" pathways in between and I want to be able to straddle the beds, so tread width is very important for me. The biggest task for them will be wagon pulling, but I also plan to use them for a 36" tiller, potato digger, flail mower for maintaining fence lines, running a PTO generator, and maybe a wood splitter. I don't need or want a cab for this. I may get a loader for one of them for odd jobs, where a small machine comes in handy. I generally prefer larger displacement, lower rpm engines for longevity and heavier weight machines. I plan for both to be hydrostat transmissions and I want them to be easy to operate for inexperienced tractor drivers.

I've got three models on my short list right now: the Mahindra 1626 HST, the Kioti CK2610 HST, and the Branson 2515H. Kioti lists the front and rear tread width for their tractor on the spec sheet, but Mahindra and Branson don't. I can more or less figure it for the rear axle by subtracting a tire width from the overall width, but the front tread width is a mystery. Does anyone know the front tread widths for those machines? Do any of these models have electronic engine management or are they still mechanical injection? I like to keep it simple.

I'm not at all concerned about putting spacers on the rear axles to widen them out, but I'm somewhat hesitant to try that on the front for fear of messing up the steering radius/geometry and exposing the king pin to potential rock hits. Does anyone have experience with front axle spacers who can educate me on this? I'd appreciate any help you can give me or experience you can share with me about this.
I'm looking to get into vegetable farming and am considering getting a couple of 25hp tractors to do it. There are a lot more options on the market than I expected and I'm not sure which model(s) would work best for me. I plan on having beds that are 36" wide with 18" pathways in between and I want to be able to straddle the beds, so tread width is very important for me. The biggest task for them will be wagon pulling, but I also plan to use them for a 36" tiller, potato digger, flail mower for maintaining fence lines, running a PTO generator, and maybe a wood splitter. I don't need or want a cab for this. I may get a loader for one of them for odd jobs, where a small machine comes in handy. I generally prefer larger displacement, lower rpm engines for longevity and heavier weight machines. I plan for both to be hydrostat transmissions and I want them to be easy to operate for inexperienced tractor drivers.

I've got three models on my short list right now: the Mahindra 1626 HST, the Kioti CK2610 HST, and the Branson 2515H. Kioti lists the front and rear tread width for their tractor on the spec sheet, but Mahindra and Branson don't. I can more or less figure it for the rear axle by subtracting a tire width from the overall width, but the front tread width is a mystery. Does anyone know the front tread widths for those machines? Do any of these models have electronic engine management or are they still mechanical injection? I like to keep it simple.

I'm not at all concerned about putting spacers on the rear axles to widen them out, but I'm somewhat hesitant to try that on the front for fear of messing up the steering radius/geometry and exposing the king pin to potential rock hits. Does anyone have experience with front axle spacers who can educate me on this? I'd appreciate any help you can give me or experience you can share with me about this.
With my Mahindra 1635 (same series as 1626), the wheels are reversible. I’ve made several videos on Mahindras and like them very much.