2535 Hydraulics

/ 2535 Hydraulics #1  

ineedanewtoy

Tractor
Century 3035 w/C50 loader (due in on 10/23!!!)
Does anyone know what the specs for the hydraulic pumps (I assume there are two) are? Trying to compare the 2535 to the Mahindra 3110. Anyone out there care to comment on Century vs. Mahindra?

Thanks

/ 2535 Hydraulics #2  
The 2535 does have two pumps for a total flow of 13.2 gal. The main hydraulic pump will flow 8.9 gpm. Hope this helps! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 2535 Hydraulics #3  
ineedanewtoy
Hello and welcome to TBN. To further elaborate on the hydraulics Both tractors have two pumps but the Century has two larger pumps. The larger pumps will give you more oil flow for your implements and steering. (The more the better)

The Century's transmission is fully syncro and the Mahindra is only syncro in 4th and 5th. You should drive both machines I think you will find the ergonomics of the shifting controls (levers etc.) nicer. Good luck with your tractor purchase.
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Chipperman

/ 2535 Hydraulics
Thanks for the info. I got a chance to drive both a 3035 and a Mahindra 3510 this past week, as well as a JD 4510. The power shift is nice and JD finally fixed the loader control lever, but it seems kinda flimsy and of course the extra $5-6K is hard to justify... but of course it DOES have great resale value!!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The Mahindra 3510 had a good feel to the operator's platform, very short turning radius, nice F-N-R lever and a dealer 4 miles away, but I can see your point about the inverted shift pattern and those flimsy springs under the seat are a joke.

What really impressed me about the Century is the C-50 loader. Wow! The ruggedness and ease of attachment, both loader and bucket, are awesome.

Now a couple of questions; the loader spec on the Century web site indicates a lift capacity of 2100 lbs., but the brochure says 1430 lbs. Also a discrepancy in the lift height. Which is correct?

Does anyone have information on Century axle drive ratios? There are a couple of threads in this forum discussing R-1W tires, which I find interesting as we have plenty of wet ground in these parts. I'd like to see if I can match up a set of R-1Ws for the 3035. Also, available wheel sizes and/or bolt circle dimensions might be helpful.

Thanks to all of the posters on this forum. I've spent WAY too much time browsing the threads and have learned a lot, even though I spent lots of time in my youth on a Farmall H and a JD 3020.

GB

/ 2535 Hydraulics #5  
ineedanewtoy
Glad to here your getting some seat time. Even if it is on dealers lots. As for the loader specs. They are all correct. The 2100 lbs. is at the pivot point, the 1430 lbs. is the center of the bucket and their is also a rating of 1320 lbs. 20" ahead of the pivot. This illustrates the need for care when comparing loader specs from different mfgs. Now if I have not totally confused you I will add, for not a lot more money we now have what is called the C-50HL available for the 3035, 3040 and 3045. The specs are as follows. 2540lbs. at the pivot, 1600 lbs. 20" ahead of the pivot, 3450 lbs of breakout force at the pivot and 2300 lbs of breakout at 20" ahead of the pivot.
Mannn did you get all that. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Hope that helps. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Chipperman

/ 2535 Hydraulics #6  
is the new c-50hl just larger cyl or is it a different fel. and are they available yet? My dealer thought they wouldn't be out until nov.

/ 2535 Hydraulics #7  
leaddog
Larger and longer cylinders. They should be available now.
Chipperman