2400 temp gauge

/ 2400 temp gauge
irvingj said:
This tach also has NO provision for light, which I find annoying, though I figure I'll get used to gauging rpm by engine pitch soon enough; it was a bit tenous this winter, snowblowing in the dark with my new tractor, trying to get the rpms where they should be.

Thanks for the compliments on the install.

On my 2300, full throttle is the correct rpm for the front mounted 2360 SB. No light needed for that. Although it would be nice to have a light on the fuel gauge.

Is the temp gauge on the 2400 an electric one?

DEWPO

/ 2400 temp gauge #12  
Don't know if the temp gauge on the 2400 is electric or mechanical... perhaps one of our M-F dealers could chime in here?

For what it's worth-- here are some more pics of the install; I also included some shots of my (now nice & dry) driveway that I'd been doing with an 8HP walk-behind for the past 20 yrs or so; hence the tractor/snowblower combo.

I powered the lights on both the temp gauge and the OEM fuel gauge (which had a tube for a light, but no light...) from the molex plug shown. This has 12v on the lead with the mark on the plug only when tractor lights are turned on. Maybe I'll change it to "on-with-ignition" later, but right now gauge lights will come on only when tractor lights are switched on. Grounds were tapped into battery neg line from blower deflector control switch wire.

The excess capillary tube from the gauge can be seen coiled up in front of radiator & squished under air intake tube. Think it'll be safe there.

Last pic is a shot into the woods of some of the downed trees I hope to use for firewood, now that I have a way to get at it & haul it uphill. Not much flat ground here!

Attachments

• fuel ga. light.JPG
    fuel ga. light.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 166
  • cap tube coil.JPG
    cap tube coil.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 151
  • grnd wire tap.JPG
    grnd wire tap.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 154
  • molex back in place.JPG
    molex back in place.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 157
  • lower drive:garage.JPG
    lower drive:garage.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 139
  • upper drive:curve.JPG
    upper drive:curve.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 121
  • downed trees.JPG
    downed trees.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 140
   / 2400 temp gauge
Where'd you find a light socket for the fuel gauge, I've been looking around and their tough to find (and expensive).

DEWFPO

/ 2400 temp gauge #14  
Going back to my previous days as a troubleshooter for pinball machines, jukeboxes, etc, I had some bayonet sockets kicking around- may have also gotten some @ Radio Shack at one point. Want one? If you can't find one locally, let me know. A couple of pieces of heat shrink and a rubber cup that had covered the end of a piece of tubing were the only other things needed. Yes, I'm a bit of a packrat; never know when you might need that little doohicky.... :D

Also, I left out the shot of the molex connector showing the 12v feed--

Attachments

• light tap.JPG
    light tap.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 144
   / 2400 temp gauge #15  
I realize this is a old thread,but I wanted to thank Irvingj for the post and pic's of the install.

I just finished installing the Temp. gauge on my 2007 2310 and it works great.:thumbsup:

Thanks again Irv.:thumbsup:

/ 2400 temp gauge #16  
Glad to help. My gauge still works, though it's showing its age-- chipped paint, a bit of rust, some condensation on the inside of the glass.... but I'll leave it alone until it quits, then replace it with a marine-grade (waterproof) version.

I find I'm casually checking it every time I use the tractor; glad it's there.