2400 temp gauge

/ 2400 temp gauge #1  

DEWFPO

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Bobcat Toolcat 5600 D
Anyone know the p/n's of the temp gauge, sender for the 2400? I'd like to install one on my 2300, there's plenty of room on the dash and they have the same engine.

DEWFPO

/ 2400 temp gauge #2  
Are these gauges independant from the rest?? Our 1523 could use one also.

Thanks,

Will

/ 2400 temp gauge #3  
The gauge on a 2400 is not independent of the panel. Go to a auto parts store and get a gauge and a sender to replace the sender for the idiot light.

Doug

/ 2400 temp gauge #4  
is their a specific type of sender?? will a part number for this tractor be listed??

/ 2400 temp gauge #5  
Just completed installation of a temp gauge on my 2310... got a great deal on a closeout SunPro mechanical gauge, only $15, but then had to order a metric thread adapter (comes with metric-to-US adapters, of course) which also cost $15.... Oh, well- seems to work, and even came with a light.

I don't remember the size of the adapter (16mm?), but the threads in the tractor were the same as the end of the gauge sender- but an adapter is required for the sender to seal properly. Routed the spring-covered cap tube around & coiled up excess just behind radiator.

Tractor sending unit is located in the base of the thermostat gooseneck, and I found I had to drain radiator (much easier than on most cars!) & remove top radiator hose to get at it. It sort of shows up in the photo, taken from left side of tractor; note side of battery on the right of photo.

I had originally thought an electric sender would be nice, but the mechanical one reads all the time, which I've found nice for seeing how warm the engine is before starting it up.

As an aside, an old motorcycle carb trick-- just a touch of silicone grease on the insides of the rubber air intake tubes really facilitates their removal & replacement!

Attachments

• dash 3:08.JPG
    dash 3:08.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 312
  • temp gauge.JPG
    temp gauge.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 349
  • temp sender.JPG
    temp sender.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 351
   / 2400 temp gauge #6  
Oops-- guess that's the radiator shroud on the right edge of the photo, not the battery... I also should have said the cap tube's coiled up in FRONT of the radiator. Stilll having a hard time with a "backward" engine!

/ 2400 temp gauge #8  
irvingj said:
Just completed installation of a temp gauge on my 2310... got a great deal on a closeout SunPro mechanical gauge, only $15, but then had to order a metric thread adapter (comes with metric-to-US adapters, of course) which also cost $15.... Oh, well- seems to work, and even came with a light.

I don't remember the size of the adapter (16mm?), but the threads in the tractor were the same as the end of the gauge sender- but an adapter is required for the sender to seal properly. Routed the spring-covered cap tube around & coiled up excess just behind radiator.

Tractor sending unit is located in the base of the thermostat gooseneck, and I found I had to drain radiator (much easier than on most cars!) & remove top radiator hose to get at it. It sort of shows up in the photo, taken from left side of tractor; note side of battery on the right of photo.

I had originally thought an electric sender would be nice, but the mechanical one reads all the time, which I've found nice for seeing how warm the engine is before starting it up.

As an aside, an old motorcycle carb trick-- just a touch of silicone grease on the insides of the rubber air intake tubes really facilitates their removal & replacement!

Good job, how about some part #'s?
Whose tac is that?

/ 2400 temp gauge #9  
I just went through all the leftover pieces & papers from the gauge install, and I have to admit that I apparently neglected to hang on to the paper insert in the gauge package so I can't give you a part #- sorry! It was, as I say, a closeout, and for $15 I figured it was worth a try. As far as I can tell, it's a standard 2" SunPro mechanical water temp gauge (which fits the cut-out beneath the plastic dash cover). We'll see how well it holds up being exposed to the elements. Any number of companies sell such gauges, and they range in price (new) from a low of about $20 all the way to $100+. All are available in a variety of combinations of colors and either chrome or black bezels. My only concern was whether or not they'd stand up to being "outside" and most likely get rained & snowed on....

Just went to SunPro's website and found it:
Sunproョ
Looks like part # CP7983.

Anyone's 2" (aka 52mm) gauge would probably work. The tach is the one that came with the tractor, note the built-in hour meter. Wish I had a bigger one- note the 2400 tractor's gauges! This tach also has NO provision for light, which I find annoying, though I figure I'll get used to gauging rpm by engine pitch soon enough; it was a bit tenous this winter, snowblowing in the dark with my new tractor, trying to get the rpms where they should be.

Thanks for the compliments on the install.

/ 2400 temp gauge #10  
I have a gauge I bought a few years ago. But, the sending unit is much bigger than the hole is going to allow. So I gave up.