2380 mower questions

/ 2380 mower questions #1  

tundraman01

I have a Kubota 2380 with a mid mount 60" mower. I want to cut food plots as high as possible; just to take the tops of the weeds off before they flower. My manual says: "To avoid serious injury; never operate the mower in the transport position." Is this just a safety issue, as in I might fall off and get a body part mowed, or are there also mechanical issues in mowing with the deck all the way up? I don't want to ruin a new machine. The manual doesn't describe what is actually meant by "transport position." Does that mean with the dial set at "top" or just raised to the top with the hydraulics? I think with the deck at Top, I can raise and lower the 3 pt arms without the deck moving; although I don't think I saw that in the manual either.
Also, can/should the mower height dial only be turned clockwise?

/ 2380 mower questions #2  
I don’t see why you can’t mow in setting 4, if the dial is locked in TOP mower deck won’t move so you can use 3 point implements or when you remove deck so arms don’t come down and get caught up in something. Dial can go all the way to 1, then go back other way. I think there is a stop past 1 so it can’t be turned further below 1…

/ 2380 mower questions #3  
If you run in "top" clearance becomes tight and the pto shaft can hit things. Never have broken anything yet. Set it to 4 and then you can raise it and lower it some as needed.