2210 Tinking Sound Rearend

/ 2210 Tinking Sound Rearend
Well. I actually think the diff lock is causing problems. I dont think it was fully disengaging. Before I started the tractor I went and pulled up on the locker lever. It moved smoothly and felt like it locked the diff. Then I pushed it down with much less resistance into the locked position. After I started running it it seems to move alot smoother and the sound was quieter. Now Im thinking the return spring is worn, weak or broken. Or the shaft the fork rides on is worn. Works alot smoother pulling it up and seems to stay in place better.

It doesnt surprise me because the last owner bought it refurbished and mostly box bladed his driveway. Mostly limestone base around here. Tractor doesnt really get traction with the loader. That pedal gets used more then the clutch.

In all this I found the radiator expansion tank has a large hole about halfway. Now I know why the coolant dropped after about an hour. Never did drip a drop on the ground.

Still beats an expensive newer tractor.

/ 2210 Tinking Sound Rearend #12  
Well. I actually think the diff lock is causing problems. I dont think it was fully disengaging. Before I started the tractor I went and pulled up on the locker lever. It moved smoothly and felt like it locked the diff. Then I pushed it down with much less resistance into the locked position. After I started running it it seems to move alot smoother and the sound was quieter. Now Im thinking the return spring is worn, weak or broken. Or the shaft the fork rides on is worn. Works alot smoother pulling it up and seems to stay in place better.

It doesnt surprise me because the last owner bought it refurbished and mostly box bladed his driveway. Mostly limestone base around here. Tractor doesnt really get traction with the loader. That pedal gets used more then the clutch.

In all this I found the radiator expansion tank has a large hole about halfway. Now I know why the coolant dropped after about an hour. Never did drip a drop on the ground.

Still beats an expensive newer tractor.
Most any auto parts store will have an expansion tank.