2166 Stalls

/ 2166 Stalls #1  

SMorales

I have a relatively new 2166 (9 months old). Just yesterday I was mid way mowing front lawn and the tractor quits. It starts, but will not remain running and quits immediately. It is under warranty, but our local authorized dealer is 2 weeks backed up. Anyone have any suggestions for a hopefully easy resolution? It has about 21 hours on it, and I do faithfully maintain and clean after each use. I am, however, replacing/renovating front lawn, so this particular time it was extremely dusty ...

Thanks!

Steve

/ 2166 Stalls #2  
I would suggest that you check the air filter for proper placement and blow out the carb with air pressure. Sounds as though you may have a small piece of trash in the carb. Make sure you clean the filter per the owner's manual instructions and check for any pieces of trash that may have bypassed the filter. Does this tractor have a fuel filter? Could be that it need to be replaced as well. Of course, you don't have that many hours on it, but trash can be a real problem. Also assure that there is no water in the line if you have a fuel cup you can check it and empty it from there. Sorry I'm not really familiar with the model, but these are general things to rule out first. John

/ 2166 Stalls
That's sounds reasonable. I initially assumed problem with air intake due to dust and cleaned off air filter with no success. I'll blow out carb, then replace fuel filter - definitely worth the effort rather than having to wait 2-3 weeks for repair center. Thanks for the quick response!

Steve

/ 2166 Stalls #5  
Make sure the air vent on the gas cap isn't plugged. Try running it with the cap off for a minute.