2022 Z970R

/ 2022 Z970R #1  

cantbeatadeere

Bronze Member
Tractor
03 4710, 06 728
I purchased a zero turn after about a year of looking, comparing and talking to landscapers. well, I pulled the trigger on a 970R with tweels, floatation seat, 60" side discharge. first start up after setting a day or two it will fill my garage with a heavy white oil smelling smoke, has 4.8 hrs on it and to be frank I don't want a brand new mower that has been torn down. my question is what exactly is the "John Deere promise"??? and has any one used it .......I want to know before I contact the dealer so my ducks are in a row to speak.

/ 2022 Z970R #2  
And you have not spoken to your dealer about it yet? Don't know what "ducks in a row" has to do with speaking right away with your dealer. Something we should know?

/ 2022 Z970R #3  
Sorry to hear about your issues.. I would just call the dealer before you stress over it. Could be something simple, could be gas. My guess is whatever it is, they've seen it before.

/ 2022 Z970R
Sorry to hear about your issues.. I would just call the dealer before you stress over it. Could be something simple, could be gas. My guess is whatever it is, they've seen it before.
Thanks Yander....going to get a video on start up so they can see how bad it is. some friends came over to see it - started it up and the look on their faces - well it wasn't a good showing! my cousin bought three of them brand new and has not had this issue...I just do not want a new machine that's been worked on- never the same in my experience.

/ 2022 Z970R
And you have not spoken to your dealer about it yet? Don't know what "ducks in a row" has to do with speaking right away with your dealer. Something we should know?
Ducks in a row is an expression used by people with knowledge how the world works. I am not walking into a dealership without a good handle on what steps I can take to resolve this- hence - "ducks in a row" :)