2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck..

/ 2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck.. #31  
Im looking at a Laramie ecodiesel in silver, but the price is hard to swallow at 73,000

1657838173973.png

/ 2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck.. #32  
Im looking at a Laramie ecodiesel in silver, but the price is hard to swallow at 73,000
Copy that! I ordered a 2022 Longhorn 4x4 in November of 2021, by the time the truck arrived at my dealer in mid-January of 2022, the MSRP increased by $2,085 to a total of $75,880 (I was price locked at the time of order).

I used the Costco auto program and did some additional wheeling and dealing and got an out-the-door price of $72,354.00 including Michigan's 6% tax. Gone are the days of getting 18 or 19% off MSRP.

What made it work was I got $24,096 for my 2013 Laramie trade-in, another $2,500 for canceling my Maxcare lifetime service agreement on the 2013, and 0% four-year financing from Chrysler Capital.

1658063855359.png

Attachments

• 1658063737022.png
    1658063737022.png
    222.2 KB · Views: 61
   / 2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck.. #33  

View attachment 754190

Nothing against the eco diesel, but when you are at $70K + you might as well just get the full blown 6.7L Cummins in a 2500.
It’s 3 times the engine for not a heck of a lot more.

I guarantee you once you own one, you’ll never want to own another truck/engine combo.
Mine is the best truck I ever owned.

/ 2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck.. #34  
Hay, I have owned 2 already a 1995 and a 2002, I know how good they are and how they cam pull a trailer!
What I don't like is the DEF fluid thing, I don't drive the miles like I use to, so I worry about it going bad or clogging up ect...

I wonder what Idiot in government caused the DEF to happen...

/ 2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck.. #35  
Hay, I have owned 2 already a 1995 and a 2002, I know how good they are and how they cam pull a trailer!
What I don't like is the DEF fluid thing, I don't drive the miles like I use to, so I worry about it going bad or clogging up ect...

I also worry about the DEF system screwing up. This year with near $6 diesel, I haven't driven the 3500 much, just a few times up to get loads of stone for projects. My 2015 RAM 3500 Cummins runs out of Maxcare coverage next April. I initially planned to replace it with a 2023 but to get what I want in trims, I'm looking at 90K in 2022 dollars.

I have never had issues with the powertrain on the 3500 and don't expect any issues even with the DEF system. From what I understand from reading RAM forums, it is easy to pull the DEF injector and clean it if it does crystalize.

Hay Dude, The ECO is a fantastic daily driver and it does get average miles per gallon in the low 30s to upper 20s. But the Cummins, in the same driving style and area I drive in is getting 24 MPG average not pulling. I was thinking, that the Cummins is better than twice the displacement of the ECO, and my 3500 weighing in at 2,800 more pounds than the ECO, the ECO should be doing better with the MPG.

Last edited:
   / 2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck.. #36  

30,000 miles on mine so far and no issues. It did have the fuel gauge quit, but replaced by dealer. System worked with fuel gauge dead.

The way I look at it, the DEF system has been on diesels for 10 years now and it’s not likely to be going away (unless a better system comes along). I *think* the bugs are worked out of these systems fairly well and aside from sensor failure, you can ease your mind about purchasing one.

/ 2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck.. #37  
I also worry about the DEF system screwing up. This year with near $6 diesel, I haven't driven the 3500 much, just a few times up to get loads of stone for projects. My 2015 RAM 3500 Cummins runs out of Maxcare coverage next April. I initially planned to replace it with a 2023 but to get what I want in trims, I'm looking at 90K in 2022 dollars.

I have never had issues with the powertrain on the 3500 and don't expect any issues even with the DEF system. From what I understand from reading RAM forums, it is easy to pull the DEF injector and clean it if it does crystalize.

Hay Dude, The ECO is a fantastic daily driver and it does get average miles per gallon in the low 30s to upper 20s. But the Cummins, in the same driving style and area I drive in is getting 24 MPG average not pulling. I was thinking, that the Cummins is better than twice the displacement of the ECO, and my 3500 weighing in at 2,800 more pounds than the ECO, the ECO should be doing better with the MPG.

I tried to convince my wife to get a loaded crew cab shortbed eco diesel, but she’s not the truck type so no go.
My son will be a future Cummins buyer as soon as he starts his full time job. He can’t wait to get one.…loves mine.
I get a chuckle out of the “uniformed” who think these are inferior trucks and still call them “Dodge”. They have equaled or in some ways passed the other 2 and you can’t be the pulling power of a Cummins. I don’t care what the statistics on paper say.

/ 2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck.. #38  
Ok Hay, I pulled the trigger yesterday....
I wound up with a 2500 Laramie, heavy duty, 4 door, diesel, with black leather interior.

I went to hook up my trailer stinger from my old dodge and it just wiggles in the square hole, did Ram enlarge those connections?
I hope not, I have about 5 of them in the shop which may not fit!

Hay, thanks for giving me a little push away from the eco-diesel, heck that thing wont even pull my trailer with a tractor on it...

/ 2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck.. #39  
I tried to convince my wife to get a loaded crew cab shortbed eco diesel, but she’s not the truck type so no go.
My son will be a future Cummins buyer as soon as he starts his full time job. He can’t wait to get one.…loves mine.
I get a chuckle out of the “uniformed” who think these are inferior trucks and still call them “Dodge”. They have equaled or in some ways passed the other 2 and you can’t be the pulling power of a Cummins. I don’t care what the statistics on paper say.

You want my opinion?

/ 2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck.. #40  
Ok Hay, I pulled the trigger yesterday....
I wound up with a 2500 Laramie, heavy duty, 4 door, diesel, with black leather interior.

I went to hook up my trailer stinger from my old dodge and it just wiggles in the square hole, did Ram enlarge those connections?
I hope not, I have about 5 of them in the shop which may not fit!

Hay, thanks for giving me a little push away from the eco-diesel, heck that thing wont even pull my trailer with a tractor on it...
You mean you have a 2.5” receiver tube on the RAM and all your stuff is 2”?
All you need is an adapter.
I went through same thing when I sold my 6.4L Fords (good riddance).

Congratulations. (y)

Please post pictures of the new RAM and use the picture of the RAM to replace the current avatar picture! That pic weirds me out! lol

Last edited: