2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck..

/ 2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck.. #21  
I'm glad I picked mine up in 2020; I thought things were dumb then, I couldn't buy one now.
Mine ended up being a pretty good ”investment”. Trucks depreciate, but with the current shortages and the AWFUL economic conditions, trucks are currently not as bad of a place to stash your money. Look at your 401K’s, IRA’s and precious metals lately? lol
I paid about $68 for my RAM 5500 and 2.5 years later, it wouldn’t sell for a heck of a lot less.

1657535762215.jpeg

/ 2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck.. #22  
My wife and I enjoy our RAM truck also. Our first one was in 2018 we bought a 2019. In 2021 the dealer was so desperate for good used late model trucks (they did not have even one) they made a very good deal on a 2021. The new truck is the same color as yours and looks the same. The dealer got it from another dealer and did not need to exchange any vehicle.
Congratulations on the new truck. It looks great. I am sure you will enjoy it. Both my Ram trucks has the 3.92 rear end with the tow package. Best wishes. Below is the pix of my 2019. The 2021 is exactly the same but your color.
Orange Peel6.JPG

You have larger mirrors than our 2021. Nice.

Resized_20210709_101920 (002).jpeg

Another interesting note. I could see that the V8 engine is going to be gone in a couple of years. Ram has developed an turbo charged inline 6 named the Hurricane engine. Supposed to replace the Hemi I think.

Last edited:
   / 2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck.. #24  
Me too.

I'm not one of those brand loyalists (worked for both Ford and GM in my automotive career) but the last three times I went out to buy a new truck, all three times I came home with a RAM. 2013 was my first departure from GM products, I gave up on Fords back in 1995, and came home with a RAM 1500 Laramie.

In 2015, my wife and I bought an RV in prep for retirement and a "see America" tour. She liked a Montana RV fiver so I needed a tow vehicle. Ford was out, too many issues with warranty denials over the CP4 snafu. The Duramax had the same CP4 issues but GM was standing behind the warranty. I just couldn't deal with the crap GM interior, subjective I know. I ordered a 2015 3500 Longhorn with the Cummins. Awesome truck and pulls the 16K 40 foot RV without issues.

When the new car bug hit me late last year, I went out looking for a new vehicle. I was really interested in the I6 Duramax and found a 1500 Denali I took for a test drive. Impressive performance from the I6 but the road noise in the cabin and what I thought was a harsher ride and uncomfortable seating chased me away. I decided to stay with RAM and ordered a 1500 Longhorn ECODiesel end of November 2021. 8 1/2 weeks later I drove it home. I live in the same area where RAMs are assembled so transport delays didn't affect me.

What I did find interesting, while the rest of the auto industry can't seem to offer a vehicle with many popular options, RAM didn't seem to have any issues at all.

View attachment 753538
I have been considering a 1500 w/ the Ecodiesel. I will be pulling a 7,000 lb travel trailer, but have been concerned that the little diesel would be working too hard. Have you hauled your trailer yet? If so, how did it work?

/ 2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck..
I also opted for the 3.92 gears for pulling my tractor..

/ 2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck.. #27  
I have been considering a 1500 w/ the Ecodiesel. I will be pulling a 7,000 lb travel trailer, but have been concerned that the little diesel would be working too hard. Have you hauled your trailer yet? If so, how did it work?
The most I've pulled with the ECODiesel is my fishing boat, 18 feet with a total trailer weight just under 5K, tongue weight of 470 pounds, and obviously little wind load. I ordered my truck with 3:21 axle ratios since the eight-speed tranny has good gearing and I don't do a lot of start-stop driving.

Pulled just fine with highway mileage at around 14 MPG plus/minus because sometimes I'm driving into the wind and sometimes I have a tailwind.

On the ECODiesel web forums, there are many discussions I read through discussing pulling travel trailers. Doesn't seem to be an issue for the little guy from all that I've read. The wife and I are actually thinking of selling our Montana 3790RD fiver and getting into a 25-foot or so travel trailer that I can pull with the ECODiesel. Then I can unload my 3500 Cummins and 16-foot dump trailer.

/ 2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck.. #28  
The most I've pulled with the ECODiesel is my fishing boat, 18 feet with a total trailer weight just under 5K, tongue weight of 470 pounds, and obviously little wind load. I ordered my truck with 3:21 axle ratios since the eight-speed tranny has good gearing and I don't do a lot of start-stop driving.

Pulled just fine with highway mileage at around 14 MPG plus/minus because sometimes I'm driving into the wind and sometimes I have a tailwind.

On the ECODiesel web forums, there are many discussions I read through discussing pulling travel trailers. Doesn't seem to be an issue for the little guy from all that I've read. The wife and I are actually thinking of selling our Montana 3790RD fiver and getting into a 25-foot or so travel trailer that I can pull with the ECODiesel. Then I can unload my 3500 Cummins and 16-foot dump trailer.
Thanks for the reply / info on the towing capabilities.
Here is a link to a great RV manufacturer. I never heard of them before last year. There is a very large following, lots of satisfied customers. We purchased the 200MK this past January and love it. I had 2 minor problems, a temperature sensor for the A/C and an auto-changeover propane valve. I just called customer service and they sent me the replacement parts within a week.

/ 2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck.. #29  
That’s a nice looking trailer. It looks like even a worse case is a hitch weight of no more than a 1000 pounds.

/ 2022 Ram 1500 has arrived..just off the truck..
Added a few doodads to the new truck..
tempImageBVB7RM.jpg