2021 CK2610 lift arm pin broken at weld (rear diff side)

/ 2021 CK2610 lift arm pin broken at weld (rear diff side) #1  

presta24

Bronze Member
Tractor
1948 8N, 2021 CK2610
I was running my disc pretty hard the other day for my neighbor on a never before plot I plowed for him. So there was a lot of sod to break. When I went to drop the disc when done I noticed there is a ring on the inner pin for the lift arm, by the diff, that the pin is welded to and then a bolt that bolts to the frame or diff housing, to keep the pin in place. The weld on ring to the pin is what snapped, allowing the pin to back out. My question is, should I, A- replace with a hitch pin that I can put a coder through, B- just remove and re weld the one I have, C- buy a new OE pin? I am not sure why they have the ring on there in the first place unless it is to keep the pin from spinning? I'm not sure why that would matter. Or is it just how the designed to keep the pin in place.

@MichiganIron I don't see a diagram for this?

Mods, going to cross post in the maintenance section, if that is not allowed, do your thing :)

Last edited:
   / 2021 CK2610 lift arm pin broken at weld (rear diff side) #2  
Just curious if this is what you're referring to?

Attachments

• broken.jpg
    broken.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 107
   / 2021 CK2610 lift arm pin broken at weld (rear diff side) #5  
I hope someone can answer your question. If I have time tonight I'll look in the shop manual for a breakdown, and provided I find one I'll post it up.

/ 2021 CK2610 lift arm pin broken at weld (rear diff side)
I'll likely just remove and put a stronger weld on it. There wasn't much of a weld there to begin with