2021 CK2610 lift arm pin broken at weld (rear diff side)

/ 2021 CK2610 lift arm pin broken at weld (rear diff side) #1  

presta24

Bronze Member
Tractor
1948 8N, 2021 CK2610
I was running my disc pretty hard the other day for my neighbor on a never before plot I plowed for him. So there was a lot of sod to break. When I went to drop the disc when done I noticed there is a ring on the inner pin for the lift arm, by the diff, that the pin is welded to and then a bolt that bolts to the frame or diff housing, to keep the pin in place. The weld on ring to the pin is what snapped, allowing the pin to back out. My question is, should I, A- replace with a hitch pin that I can put a coder through, B- just remove and re weld the one I have, C- buy a new OE pin? I am not sure why they have the ring on there in the first place unless it is to keep the pin from spinning? I'm not sure why that would matter. Or is it just how the designed to keep the pin in place.

Mods, going to cross post in the Kioti section, if that is not allowed, do your thing :)

/ 2021 CK2610 lift arm pin broken at weld (rear diff side) #2  
I would just weld it back together..You dont want the pin to spin it will wear the ears..

/ 2021 CK2610 lift arm pin broken at weld (rear diff side) #3  
Mine did the same thing. If you don’t do something it backs out and I have to hammer it back in. (The way I found it was mined backed out enough to let the entire arm drop and of course it wouldn’t raisse the implement in one arm - 1050# flail).

Just got replacement from the dealer yesterday and need to do the changeout

/ 2021 CK2610 lift arm pin broken at weld (rear diff side)
Mine did the same thing. If you don’t do something it backs out and I have to hammer it back in. (The way I found it was mined backed out enough to let the entire arm drop and of course it wouldn’t raisse the implement in one arm - 1050# flail).

Just got replacement from the dealer yesterday and need to do the changeout
Yup, that's how I found out too. Went to pick the disc up and only one side lifted. Binding everthing up. I'm just going to have this one welded, more better. What was your fix?

/ 2021 CK2610 lift arm pin broken at weld (rear diff side) #5  
Yup, that's how I found out too. Went to pick the disc up and only one side lifted. Binding everthing up. I'm just going to have this one welded, more better. What was your fix?
Bought a direct replacement part. Going to replace but been tied up with other jobs

/ 2021 CK2610 lift arm pin broken at weld (rear diff side)
Ended up just having my maintenance guy at work weld it up, with a real weld lol.