2020 4815C(H) Engine temp dash monitor

/ 2020 4815C(H) Engine temp dash monitor #12  
Holy smokes that is crazy. I would definitely be adding a aftermarket gauge as easily as this compacts like to overheat.

I watch my gauge constantly and the moment it starts to rise the radiator get blown out. I can not imagine waiting till a light came on. That is way too late to address the problem.

Wonder how hard it would be to convert the dash back to the one like mine?

It’s likely the dash has a connector or a few that plug into a wiring harness(es). You’d want to know if the connectors are compatible, that is, are there’s wires from sensors and switches on tractor to match connections for the dash gauges.

/ 2020 4815C(H) Engine temp dash monitor #13  
Holy smokes that is crazy. I would definitely be adding a aftermarket gauge as easily as this compacts like to overheat.

I watch my gauge constantly and the moment it starts to rise the radiator get blown out. I can not imagine waiting till a light came on. That is way too late to address the problem.

Wonder how hard it would be to convert the dash back to the one like mine?
I would be adding an aftermarket gauge too.

It can't be that hard to find a passage somewhere on the front of the engine block or on the waterpump housing to put in a mechanical temp probe.

Run the mechanical temp gauge (usually more accurate anyway) and plumb in the light for the gauge to the light circuit somewhere. If all else fails, bring the wire for the gauge light back to the fuse block.

No way would I be brush hogging without a temp gauge.

/ 2020 4815C(H) Engine temp dash monitor #14  
I have learned to pay special attention to the cleanliness of the radiator when brush hogging, particularly if the weeds have gone to seed. HF makes a very small battery powered leaf blower (Hercules) that is small enough to carry in the cab I am thinking about getting to avoid trips back to the shop for air to clean the radiator.
From what I have seen; it isn't just Branson. I don't think many, if any, tractor company pays enough attention to providing high quality instrumentation. It is an area they choose to skimp on. Go to any rental yard and look at a rental tractor of any brand that has some hours on it. Chances are some of the instruments aren't accurate, don't work, or are blinded by repeated condensation inside.

/ 2020 4815C(H) Engine temp dash monitor #15  
I don't know about Branson or other tractors but many modern car and truck temp "gauges" are really three stage idiot lights. Cold, normal, hot. They even have damping between the stages to make it look like a real gauge. An OBD2 reader in a car/truck will show the actual value from the sensor.

/ 2020 4815C(H) Engine temp dash monitor
I too thought about suggesting that he do that but on being new and what it cost him I doubt he would be inclined to do so.

No doubt you have to have the analog gauge and know where on the dial the T stat opens, and where on the dial you get over 200F so that you know when something has to change to stay in the normal operating temperature.

Don't suppose, if what we are talking about were true, a "recall" would be issued for that dash assy, especially when the "Operator's Manual" shows the digital dash...with a couple of simulated analog functions.

/ 2020 4815C(H) Engine temp dash monitor #17  
I am wondering if they started using the Data Logger to control the dash on the 15 series like they did on the 20 series? Also wonder if the new dash was brought over from TYM tractors?

/ 2020 4815C(H) Engine temp dash monitor #18  
I am wondering if they started using the Data Logger to control the dash on the 15 series like they did on the 20 series? Also wonder if the new dash was brought over from TYM tractors?
That would be my guess. We start seeing the fancier digital dashboards with the newish cabs and most of the stuff on these cabs clearly came from the TYM part, things like the knobs, controls, etc.

Not that it matters much for the subject but just finalized the acquisition of Kukje last year. TYM has completed the acquisition of Kukje Machinery Co. Ltd.; Global Agricultural Machinery Group is born

/ 2020 4815C(H) Engine temp dash monitor #19  
That would be my guess. We start seeing the fancier digital dashboards with the newish cabs and most of the stuff on these cabs clearly came from the TYM part, things like the knobs, controls, etc.

Not that it matters much for the subject but just finalized the acquisition of Kukje last year. TYM has completed the acquisition of Kukje Machinery Co. Ltd.; Global Agricultural Machinery Group is born
Thanks for sharing. I see in this article that Branson increased their production to 20,000 units last year to meet market demand. I think that warrants another post in the Market Share Thread. 🤣

/ 2020 4815C(H) Engine temp dash monitor #20  
sorry for the late reply ( i was out for a while with covid) i did receive an answer back from branson's president from what he stated the design change was mainly due to supply shortages on the other style of digital dash, basically they had to make due with what they could get ahold of which is why the manuals show a different style gauge cluster compared to what is installed, they are fully aware of the temp issue and will from what he said be making changes to rectify the situation as soon as they can, my guess would be a service bulletin will come out not long from now with an updated part that will have to be swapped, but i am glad they are taking this seriously, as soon as i have some info on when this may occur i'll let you guys know.