2017-2018 Dodge challenger,Chevy camaro,Ford mustang ???

/ 2017-2018 Dodge challenger,Chevy camaro,Ford mustang ???
Well I have been busy today comparing the challenger scat pack shaker verses SRT 392 the MSRP difference is $7,000 buckaroo,s.Now leaning towards the challenger SRT 392..

Last edited:
   / 2017-2018 Dodge challenger,Chevy camaro,Ford mustang ??? #22  
A couple of pics of my 2010 and the 70 I used to own. My 2010 isn't 100% stock, I've put a tuner and exhaust on it plus a lower restriction air cleaner setup on it. It made 370 hp and about 405 ft-lbs at the rear wheels. I've ran it several times in at the local 1/8 mile track and my best time is 8.82 at about 82 mph. So many people think of the Challenger as being slow and heavy but I've suprised more than a few with how quick it is. To say the least a 392 is a stunning performer.

When you say the price difference is 7k, is the SRT 7k more?

Attachments

• CHAL3.jpg
    CHAL3.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 133
  • 70chall.jpg
    70chall.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 131
A couple of pics of my 2010 and the 70 I used to own. My 2010 isn't 100% stock, I've put a tuner and exhaust on it plus a lower restriction air cleaner setup on it. It made 370 hp and about 405 ft-lbs at the rear wheels. I've ran it several times in at the local 1/8 mile track and my best time is 8.82 at about 82 mph. So many people think of the Challenger as being slow and heavy but I've suprised more than a few with how quick it is. To say the least a 392 is a stunning performer.

When you say the price difference is 7k, is the SRT 7k more?
Nice cars thanks for the pics. We had a 1970 challenger plum crazy color back in 1970 sorry as he-- we sold it.Yes about $7,000 more for the SRT 392 auto tranny verses the scat pack 392 with auto tranny with options I wanted.The 2017 SRT 392 sticker price with auto trans that I want is $51,790.I think with $4,000 in rebates on the challenger & employee pricing I can buy for $44,000 plus tax.We will see..

/ 2017-2018 Dodge challenger,Chevy camaro,Ford mustang ??? #24  
Why not go for a Demon? Heck, the passenger seat is only a dollar as is the optional tool box. For $2 you get all those extras.

There was a guy that used to work at the Dodge dealer in Burlington Iowa and he was into the classic Mopars. He owned a 70 Challenger Plum Crazy RT with a 383 mangnum when they were brand new. He said at the time it kind of sucked. The paint went bad early and he wanted a 440 but couldn't get one so he opted for the 383. He had a lot of problems with it. The 70 I showed a pic of was probably nicer than when it was new, I had pretty much gone through the entire car and had it running and driving pretty good.

Good luck in the search, lot of cool colors to choose from. Do you have a color in mind yet?

Why not go for a Demon? Heck, the passenger seat is only a dollar as is the optional tool box. For $2 you get all those extras.

There was a guy that used to work at the Dodge dealer in Burlington Iowa and he was into the classic Mopars. He owned a 70 Challenger Plum Crazy RT with a 383 mangnum when they were brand new. He said at the time it kind of sucked. The paint went bad early and he wanted a 440 but couldn't get one so he opted for the 383. He had a lot of problems with it. The 70 I showed a pic of was probably nicer than when it was new, I had pretty much gone through the entire car and had it running and driving pretty good.

Good luck in the search, lot of cool colors to choose from. Do you have a color in mind yet?
No demon for me I don't trust myself,LOL..I believe the color is called contusion blue,bright blue I call it.Headed to the dodge dealer to take one for a spin this coming thursday.

/ 2017-2018 Dodge challenger,Chevy camaro,Ford mustang ??? #26  
At those prices, and with 2 in college, ill probably settle on another hyundai. Lol

/ 2017-2018 Dodge challenger,Chevy camaro,Ford mustang ??? #27  
Mustang all the way! The most engauging driver of the 3, which you'll realize if you test drive all 3. Many ways to configure the exact model to suit your tastes. Go as wild or mild as you wish.

Go test drive and prove it to yourself. ;-)

/ 2017-2018 Dodge challenger,Chevy camaro,Ford mustang ??? #28  
Oops! Just realized you already test drove. Sooooooo, never mind. ( I hope you didn't just putt around the parking lot...)

/ 2017-2018 Dodge challenger,Chevy camaro,Ford mustang ??? #29  
How about a Corvette that's a couple of years old? I turned 51 and I'm starting to have a mid-life crisis. Every vehicle I've ever owned has been uber practical. I want one that rumbles and makes my chest hurt.

You know what's funny. Pickups (diesels usually) seem to be the new muscle car with people (punks mostly :confused2:) pimping them out.

/ 2017-2018 Dodge challenger,Chevy camaro,Ford mustang ??? #30  
I looked at all three this past spring and was turned off by the interior quality of all of them, especially the Dodge. I liked the Mustang the best, but none of them were great. Maybe I have been spoiled driving a BMW Z4 for 7 years, but I expect the interior quality to be inline with the price of the car, and all of the American muscle cars have the same interior quality whether it's a $25K base model or a $40-50K high end model.

I ended up with another BMW, a 4-series coupe with M-sport. The 0-60 time in the mid 4 sec range is way faster than I need and it gives me 35mpg on the highway when commuting. Exterior styling is bland compared to the American muscle cars (am in the process of adding M-sport body kit), but the driving experience is an A+. BMW still knows how to make a darn fine RWD sports coupe (and they still offer a manual trans, even though I opted for the excellent 8-speed ZF automatic this time). The downside is that the car is a little *too* nice for me, but I am relaxing a bit as the newness wears off.

IMG_8520 (1).jpg

IMG_8522.jpg

I think the upcoming 2018 Mustang looks the best of the bunch, and look forward to checking one out when they show up at the dealers this fall. But alas, they didn't really do much about interior quality so it won't address my main gripe. But the exterior looks fantastic. If I could put my BMW interior in the Mustang it would be the perfect car for me. Anybody shopping for a sports car right now ought to hold off until they can see/drive a 2018 Mustang.