2016 College Football Season and Playoff

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #171  
I didn't stay up and finish the game, but I thought that it would be a good one. I was rooting for Alabama simply because I like the SEC more than the ACC, but I also like Clemson and Sweeney, and I like to Clemson's QB go out on top - very poetic.

I caught the end of the game on the replay this morning - my only real complaint was that review that went one for a couple of minutes after the final Clemson kickoff. That, in a nutshell, is what replay does to a lot of college games - kills momentum.

But it's over and done with, and everybody is undefeated again.

Good luck and take care.

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #172  
I caught the end of the game on the replay this morning - my only real complaint was that review that went one for a couple of minutes after the final Clemson kickoff. That, in a nutshell, is what replay does to a lot of college games - kills momentum.

There were a couple of reviews during Clemson drives and the announcers even said that those reviews were killing Clemson's momentum.

I also saw were the college football competition committee (not sure exactly what it's called) were going to meet soon and one of the things they were going to discuss was the game length because the games this year averaged 7 minutes (I think) longer than a few years ago. My first thought was that's because of all of the reviews.

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #173  
Love my Tigers...Proud to be a graduate and support them, through thick and thin. It's a great time to be a Tiger!

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff
It's too bad that the Heisman is voted on before the postseason. Watson was clearly the one deserving of that trophy. What a special season. Congrats to Clemson. So glad to see Bama's run end and it's couldn't have happened to a more deserving team.

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #175  
They looked good didn't they! Rolled over the Tide, lol. I really could care less who won, life will go on either way.

Clemson looked good in the fourth quarter.

For some reason I'm starting to really dislike Alabama though.

I don't really follow football that much, but do catch games when I can on TV when I can.

I've always respected Alabama as I thought they played great agasint Penn State in the 79 sugar bowl and that 4th and one I will always remember. Since coming to NC, I've had a new found respect for the SEC conference, thinking football was only big "up north", which it isn't by far.

However, for some reason, and I can't put my finger on it, although Saban has a great college football record (do believe he bailed out of the NFL though), for some reason I'm not really liking the guy. I do know that the respect that I've always had for Alabama is getting thrown out the window under Saban now.

I thought it was a great cahmpionship game, going down to the wire. Long story short, Clemson took the ball on their last drive of the game and won it with one second left. Seems that Alabama players have noted that they felt that the officiating was "agasint them" and people seem to be complaining that they felt that the last running play of the game was an illegal pick (event though apparently Alabama was shouting on the sidelines to look out for that play).

This is EXACTLY what I meant that it's just important on how you lose, because sooner or later, you are going to lose. Alabama is coming across as a whole as a bunch of sore losers.

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #176  
It's too bad that the Heisman is voted on before the postseason. Watson was clearly the one deserving of that trophy. What a special season. Congrats to Clemson. So glad to see Bama's run end and it's couldn't have happened to a more deserving team.

I was thinking the same thing, and couldn't agree more. While Lamar Jackson has tremendous talent, I feel as though his statistics were a lot more about Bobby Petrino's overuse of him (which started show in Louisville's last three games) and it detrimentally affected the team. There have been a lot of guys that would have won the Heisman in September, so it is often a trophy that is about "what have you done for me lately". I think Watson was deserving of it at the end of the regular season, and certainly after the championship game. He took some licks from Alabama and came back like a champ - not too many players do that.

I bet if you asked Watson - "Would you rather have the Heisman for yourself or be on the National Championship team?" - well, I think we all know how he would answer.

Congrats to Clemson and their fans - they did good!

Good luck and take care.

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #177  
Clemson Sitting on Dock of Bay.jpg

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #178  
I believe Lamar Jackson won the Heisman mostly because of the pounding he put on Florida State and the hype he received afterwards. Had it not been for that game he might not have won it.

/ 2016 College Football Season and Playoff #179  
Clemson looked good in the fourth quarter.

For some reason I'm starting to really dislike Alabama though.

I don't really follow football that much, but do catch games when I can on TV when I can.

I've always respected Alabama as I thought they played great agasint Penn State in the 79 sugar bowl and that 4th and one I will always remember. Since coming to NC, I've had a new found respect for the SEC conference, thinking football was only big "up north", which it isn't by far.

However, for some reason, and I can't put my finger on it, although Saban has a great college football record (do believe he bailed out of the NFL though), for some reason I'm not really liking the guy. I do know that the respect that I've always had for Alabama is getting thrown out the window under Saban now.

I thought it was a great cahmpionship game, going down to the wire. Long story short, Clemson took the ball on their last drive of the game and won it with one second left. Seems that Alabama players have noted that they felt that the officiating was "agasint them" and people seem to be complaining that they felt that the last running play of the game was an illegal pick (event though apparently Alabama was shouting on the sidelines to look out for that play).

This is EXACTLY what I meant that it's just important on how you lose, because sooner or later, you are going to lose. Alabama is coming across as a whole as a bunch of sore losers.

Don't know about all that. The better team won, and that's all I can say. I'm not sore about it at all. Sorry if you feel that I am.