2015 tractor and the tires are already starting to weathercrack

/ 2015 tractor and the tires are already starting to weathercrack #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
There's something to be said for keeping a tractor inside. OTOH when I was checking out my father's new L2800 in 2008 I noticed a softball sized bulge in it; they replaced the tire, but it looked odd to have a brand new tractor with mismatched rears.

/ 2015 tractor and the tires are already starting to weathercrack #2  
Curious are they the fronts, rears or both? What type of tire and manufacture?

Perhaps check the tire code dates to see when they were made. It's possible they are different than the tractor. Tires will have 4 digit date code where the first two letters are the week and the last two represent the year (If manufactured after 2000)

So how old are your tires?

Tire Date code info: What is a tire date code and where do I find it? | TireBuyer.com

/ 2015 tractor and the tires are already starting to weathercrack #3  
Curious are they the fronts, rears or both? What type of tire and manufacture?

Perhaps check the tire code dates to see when they were made. It's possible they are different than the tractor. Tires will have 4 digit date code where the first two letters are the week and the last two represent the year (If manufactured after 2000)

So how old are your tires?

Tire Date code info: What is a tire date code and where do I find it? | TireBuyer.com

Your date code does not exist on all tires for tractors.

I bought a new M7040 in 2012.
I wanted R4 tires so they had to come directly from Kubota Canada mounted on wheels.

The tires supplied were MITAS made in Serbia. They had little info on them especially pressure limits for installing and definitely no manufacturing date info.
Within a year they were cracking but Kubota took no responsibility.

This was my first new tractor and since I was dealing with Kubota, I foolishly assumed I did not have to worry about simple things like tire quality.

When I bought TRYGG studded chains made specifically for the tire size, they did not fit. Over time I learned the tires did not follow the Tire and Rim Association dimensional standards and were 3" shorter in diameter than the TRA spec which made my chains 9" too long.

To their credit, TRYGG took my chains back to their Canadian factory and altered them to fit.

Dave M7040

/ 2015 tractor and the tires are already starting to weathercrack #4  
I run them until the tread bars are just about gone (R1's) and then call the tire service and have them replaced. My experience is, Firestone's wear the best in my situation. Titan's second, Bridgestone 3rd. Never touch them, Tire service dismounts and mounts without ever pulling the rims from the tractor.