2015 LS TRACTOR - Block heater cause fire

/ 2015 LS TRACTOR - Block heater cause fire #11  
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but glad to hear of your good fortune with the folks who prevented a much worse scenario. Since you're in Canada, I suspect your selling dealer chooses to install rad hose heaters as stand operating procedure due to your weather.
My Kioti dealer, for instance does the same here in VT for all tractors he sells, BUT he uses a Katz brand block heater - which, IMHO, are much more effective, and much less likely to do something like cause a fire.
Regardless, let us know what the ongoing followup is with your dealer/your insurance co., etc.

Good luck- Best wishes. It will get resolved.:thumbsup:

/ 2015 LS TRACTOR - Block heater cause fire
I would go for a block heater that is install in the block though a freeze plug. Maybe the joint at the hose clamp had a small leak getting antifreeze into the heater wiring causing a short.

Ok, something to think about, thanks for your inputs

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but glad to hear of your good fortune with the folks who prevented a much worse scenario. Since you're in Canada, I suspect your selling dealer chooses to install rad hose heaters as stand operating procedure due to your weather.
My Kioti dealer, for instance does the same here in VT for all tractors he sells, BUT he uses a Katz brand block heater - which, IMHO, are much more effective, and much less likely to do something like cause a fire.
Regardless, let us know what the ongoing followup is with your dealer/your insurance co., etc.

Good luck- Best wishes. It will get resolved.:thumbsup:

Yes they did, good statement, thanks

Be careful about what you post regarding who or what is to blame until you settle this.
You could be sued for defamation (not that your point fingers at this point)

When you do find out what happened we do want the details, but you need to look out for yourself.

Agreed, make sense! thanks

They came today at the house... they changed the radiator, block heater & cord and the radiator hoses and the ones going onto be heater inside of the cab, every thing else looks OK as per them, and it look OK as per me too. The block heater was defect, not sure what was the problem but something was wrong with it. This is something they installed themselves at the shop he said when I bought the tractor, the block heater is NOT from the manufacture like I thought. Anyhow, everything looks OK now and ready for tomorrow morning, because we have snow storm starting this evening, expecting 30cm, hopefully everything will be fine tomorrow morning.

Not sure if I will trust this block heater again...even if everything is new.. its kind of scary...

thanks for all the feedback!

/ 2015 LS TRACTOR - Block heater cause fire #16  
Good news. I have one on my tractor and other than the one incident it has worked well and again I think I did not have it plugged in all the way.