Mowing 2013 Walker MT 20 HP

/ 2013 Walker MT 20 HP #1  

pochie

I purchased this mower new in 2013. It has performed well until this morning. I drained the gas 10/19 and ran dry as I do after each season. Filled her with fresh gas. Battery like new and she wouldn't start. She cranked well. I noticed the two red warning lights on the instrument panel were not lit. This never happened before. I suspect a fuse. I took off the rubber guard on the instrument panel 7 fuse. It won't pull out. In reading the manual it says it will pop out when an electrical problem exists. I pushed it down but it didn't help. The manual also says there is a fuse near the battery which I cannot locate. This is an MT air-cooled 23 HP. model. I only have 308 hours on her.
Any suggestions? Thank you, Pochie

/ 2013 Walker MT 20 HP #2  
Let's start with the warning lights - what are they for? The manual should tell you. I suspect they're oil pressure and alternator but I could be wrong. The fuse near the battery, the one you can't fine, may indeed be the guilty culprit. It sounds like the key switch is getting no voltage. You could start by disconnecting the battery and cleaning all connections REALLY well. Check the cables themselves to see if the connectors are corroded where they meet the wire. Do you have a solid, clean frame ground?

/ 2013 Walker MT 20 HP
Hi. Latest attempt: 1. oil pressure red light comes on as before when switch is turned ON. The battery is strong and cranks as normal. The other red light DOES NOT come on unless oil temp is high. It only ever came on 5 years when I was mowing and poplar cotton seed covered the fan intake. It never lit up when starting, my mistake. I cleaned the plugs. Still the same. I checked the fuel pump and there are 3 hoses. One from the gas filter...one to the carb and the other is vacuum I guess. I disconnected the hose to the carb and cranked it a few times and no gas came out. I ordered a new one. It was only $11 so I thought it would be the cheapest try first. The lights work and volt meter so I don't think any fuses are blown. I'll get back after I hook up the new fuel pump. Thanks for your input. Pochie