2011 DK50 - PTO will not start!!!??? Any suggestions???

/ 2011 DK50 - PTO will not start!!!??? Any suggestions???
Grrrrr... Guess what!

It just started three times in a row...

I HATE Intermittent problems!!!

/ 2011 DK50 - PTO will not start!!!??? Any suggestions??? #12  
Buy a pto relay and keep it in shop. Mine failed in middle of winter. Would work some days, others not. Replaced relay, no more issues 2 years now.

/ 2011 DK50 - PTO will not start!!!??? Any suggestions??? #13  
Grrrrr... Guess what!

It just started three times in a row...

I HATE Intermittent problems!!!
Agree on intermittent problems being the worst.

Do like grsthegreat said and buy a relay. If like me it will either never fail again or if it does where the heck did I put that part 🤔

/ 2011 DK50 - PTO will not start!!!??? Any suggestions??? #14  
by the way, the same relay works in about 4-5 different functions in my tractor. Heck, i have 3 of them alone in the cab support arm.i have several spares in my shop. They only fail in dead of winter…just like my smoke detectors only have battery failure alarm go off at 3am.

/ 2011 DK50 - PTO will not start!!!??? Any suggestions???
by the way, the same relay works in about 4-5 different functions in my tractor. Heck, i have 3 of them alone in the cab support arm.i have several spares in my shop. They only fail in dead of winter…just like my smoke detectors only have battery failure alarm go off at 3am.
Ditto...

David

/ 2011 DK50 - PTO will not start!!!??? Any suggestions??? #16  
I'll put money on a defective relay.

Mine was intermittent, messed around chasing grounds, but in the end, a new relay fixed it.

There are two different version and I'm not sure if they interchange.

Pull your dash and get the number off it before you order one.

Jason

/ 2011 DK50 - PTO will not start!!!??? Any suggestions??? #17  
The PTO switch/button on my DK45SC sometimes fails to stay engaged when I press it...the light goes on and the PTO starts up, but then the light goes out and the PTO stops when I remove my finger from the switch. I had a (non-cab) DK50 loaner from the dealer that would ONLY run the PTO while I held the button down.