2010 Cub Cadet LTX1040 Hour Meter Question.

/ 2010 Cub Cadet LTX1040 Hour Meter Question. #1  

KevinMcC

Tractor
Kubota B1750
Hey all, I acquired a LTX1040 and got it all up to snuff and running/cutting but had a question on the hour meter..

It shows battery voltage but for some reason the hour meter isnt working? It says 535 and stays at 535. No decimal and also has some weird dashes that alternate every key turn. Alsmost like its trying to display a 4th number sometimes?

I posted some pics. Is 535 maybe a code for something maybe? The mower does not look like it has 535 hours on it but not sure... also the no decimal is odd too.

Attachments

• IMG_6460.JPG
    IMG_6460.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6462.JPG
    IMG_6462.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6463.JPG
    IMG_6463.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6448.JPG
    IMG_6448.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 91
   / 2010 Cub Cadet LTX1040 Hour Meter Question. #3  
Hey all, I acquired a LTX1040 and got it all up to snuff and running/cutting but had a question on the hour meter..

It shows battery voltage but for some reason the hour meter isnt working? It says 535 and stays at 535. No decimal and also has some weird dashes that alternate every key turn. Alsmost like its trying to display a 4th number sometimes?

I posted some pics. Is 535 maybe a code for something maybe? The mower does not look like it has 535 hours on it but not sure... also the no decimal is odd too.
I Can,t answer your question. I bought one for 250.00 with 250 hrs and i really like it. it has a strange drive belt set up but it works. it is not hydrostatic. if you pull a wire under the battery and near the forward REVERSE. you can back up without stoping the blade. every 50 hours the oil lite comes on it is not the oil pressure.

/ 2010 Cub Cadet LTX1040 Hour Meter Question. #4  
Maybe it's 53.5? If you have a 4 wire seat switch, had someone played with the wiring?

/ 2010 Cub Cadet LTX1040 Hour Meter Question. #5  
My Craftsman one went bad. I bought a new one off Amazon. They are powered by the battery and records time by the power from the engine running.

/ 2010 Cub Cadet LTX1040 Hour Meter Question.
Maybe it's 53.5? If you have a 4 wire seat switch, had someone played with the wiring?
That is what i thought at first but i ran it for about an hour and no change. Also there is no . point between any of the numbers its odd.

My Craftsman one went bad. I bought a new one off Amazon. They are powered by the battery and records time by the power from the engine running.
Ahh gotcha, so there is a battery that prolly went bad inside the actual module you think?

/ 2010 Cub Cadet LTX1040 Hour Meter Question. #8  
These have a little CD in the hour meter assy that if that goes bad, it loses its memory with no power to it. I asked about the seat switch as the 4 pole switches on many complete the circuit to the hour meter function of the module. That way if the key is left on, the meter doesn't rack up the hours. I know that module breaks a 100$ bill. One could also add a separate meter as well.

These have a little CD in the hour meter assy that if that goes bad, it loses its memory with no power to it. I asked about the seat switch as the 4 pole switches on many complete the circuit to the hour meter function of the module. That way if the key is left on, the meter doesn't rack up the hours. I know that module breaks a 100$ bill. One could also add a separate meter as well.
Gotcha, seat switch is still hooked up. The battery was left in a barn for at least 5 years prior to be getting it. So there really is no way to know the correct hours of this machine? Not that I am really worried, i can just get a new one and start from 0 but would be cool to see how many were on it.

/ 2010 Cub Cadet LTX1040 Hour Meter Question. #10  
From here it looks like you have closer to 50 than 500 hours on the clock. I'll bet the rear deck lift arms aren't all hogged out, the steering is tight and the rubber doesn't look work. Enjoy your new ride!