2008 John Deere 4520 Error Code 201

/ 2008 John Deere 4520 Error Code 201 #1  

residualboulders

I have a 2008 JD 4520 cab tractor, with about 50 Hours on it. Just this morning when i start it up it gives me error code 201 and won't throttle up. Runs at a low idle, if I try and drive it or increase throttle it eventually kills. The nearest JD dealer is 3 hrs away. Anyone know what this error code means? I've searched the internet, can't find any info.

/ 2008 John Deere 4520 Error Code 201 #2  
from what i can see in my manual its either improper signal to the fuel pressure sensor or low fuel pressure to the to the inlet of the high pressure pump .

/ 2008 John Deere 4520 Error Code 201 #3  
Hiya,

First 3 things to check:

1) Take the fuel cap off and see if it runs well again: Y = fuel tank not venting, N = continue to 2
2) Disasemble and clean water seperator/fuel strainer, does it run well again? Y = Fuel strainer was clogged, N = continue to 3
3) Change primary fuel filter, does it run well again? Y = fuel filter was clogged, N= Call the dealer

Hope it helps,

Tom

/ 2008 John Deere 4520 Error Code 201
Thanks Guys. I couldn't see anything in the manual about this. After talking to a repair guy and experienced neighbor farmer, sounds like Tom is probably right. I'll clean or replace the filter and see if that fixes the problem.

/ 2008 John Deere 4520 Error Code 201 #5  
Thanks Guys. I couldn't see anything in the manual about this. After talking to a repair guy and experienced neighbor farmer, sounds like Tom is probably right. I'll clean or replace the filter and see if that fixes the problem.
What fixed your problem, having same issue