2004 TC35A Stalled out now won't start.

/ 2004 TC35A Stalled out now won't start. #1  

jedjoe

Silver Member
Tractor
new holland TC 35A 2004
happy holidays all,

So my 2004 TC35 manual began losing power yesterday when plowing. As if there was a sudden interference with fuel delivery. I managed to get it into the barn. Could not get it to restart (acting as if it was out of fuel). Removed the fuel filter and replaced, added fresh diesel and diesel conditioner/water remover. Blew out the lines, insured fuel filter well was refilling completely and then bled the lines back up to the engine. Cranked it until diesel came out and then hand tightened back down. It cranks fine, but it won't start. Presently cleaning battery cables to insure could connection.

Now at a loss as to what to try next. Can you flood a diesel by cranking too much? I remember having had to do this many years ago and remember when it finally started, it had to blow out smoky partly combusted fuel.

Any recommendations appreciated!

Jedjoe

/ 2004 TC35A Stalled out now won't start.
Bled out the lines a bit more, but I think what actually tip it toward fixed was cleaning the battery terminals. I remember once before that was recommended to me and it mattered. Mattered again here, it appears! Tractor running fine!

/ 2004 TC35A Stalled out now won't start. #3  
I had problems starting with low battery on my TC40D. Just not enough juice to run the glow plugs, or turn over fast enough. Did the same; cleaned terminals, charged battery and it fired right up.

Had same problem with my old Kubota when the battery was dying.

Diesels seem more finicky about that than gas engines.