2003 425's

/ 2003 425's #1  

bmac

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC29D
2003 425\'s

Haven't seen this discussed in a while here. Maybe this is old news to you veterans. If so, please excuse me. I just got off the phone with Power Trac HQ. They said the next version of the 425 (due out at the end of this month) will come standard with 60" lift. Interestingly, no price increase is expected. I consider this to be a rare reward for procrastination.

/ 2003 425's #2  
Re: 2003 425\'s

That is good news. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I guess it was meant to be that I could not afford a 425 before the new ones came out.
PJ

/ 2003 425's #3  

Aww, who needs an extra 8 inches of lift... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Just kidding... sour grapes /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

While I don't need the extra lift and am completely happy with my machine, I can think of a few instances where it might be nice....

For instance:

With my current setup, I can barely get over the edge of my pickup truck. Once I get over, I cannot dump, or I'll hit the side. Now 8 inches of lift might not solve it completely, until you add the 4 in one bucket /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif ... Then I could easily put the bucket over the pickup truck bed and dump soil out the bottom of the 4 in one if needed.

I just wonder how the additional 8 inches will affect the phenomenon know as THE PT PUCKER!!!

Does anyone have any insight to if it is just longer arms or re-engineered arms?

I'd like to see pictures of it, or better yet, get Hans' take on it, if he's seen it in Tazewell.

/ 2003 425's #4  

<font color="red"> I'd like to see pictures of it, or better yet, get Hans' take on it, if he's seen it in Tazewell.
</font>

Unfortunately, they knew Hans was coming, so they had time to hide everything. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 2003 425's #5  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Unfortunately, they knew Hans was coming, so they had time to hide everything. )</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 2003 425's #6  

Wonder if there's any chance of a retrofit? Probably, if I want to "retro" the whole front half of the tractor, right? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ 2003 425's #7  

No regrets for me on the additional lift (or the engine for that matter,22hp)...The 18' car hauler trailer is at a good height for loading/unloading mulch and gravel from the sides, with removable 18" "fence" sections...And the $2000 saved on 22hp vs. 25hp canopied tractors give me some "room" for a new engine later(if needed) or more "tools" now...so...though it would be nice, it's not a show stopper.