2002 Agracat 3720 Clutch Adjustment

/ 2002 Agracat 3720 Clutch Adjustment #1  

OspreyRanger

Tractor
Agracat 3720 Magnum
Trying to adjust the clutch on a 2002 Agracat 3720 Magnum. This tractor is new to our organization and Chinese tractors are new to me overall.
Things on this tractor are almost like the youtube videos and thread discussions that I have found on the computer but not quite the same. I think it might be a frankenstein model made up of whatever parts they had left over. The main issue is gaining access to adjust the clutch as the tractor will barely inch forward. The clutch access is not under the FEL anchors on either side. There is a viewing/inspection port on the right but you can't see the adjustment nuts much less get in there to make an adjustment.
I am figuring that the only way to adjust this clutch is to split the tractor. I would rather not do this unless absolutely necessary. So what obvious thing am I overlooking? The clutch pedal is adjusted properly with about an inch of free travel. Photos are attached.

Attachments

• Rightside 1.jpg
    Rightside 1.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Rightside 2.jpg
    Rightside 2.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Leftside.jpg
    Leftside.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Tractor Plate.jpg
    Tractor Plate.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Engine Plate.jpg
    Engine Plate.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Inspection Port 1.jpg
    Inspection Port 1.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Inspection Port 2.jpg
    Inspection Port 2.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 79
   / 2002 Agracat 3720 Clutch Adjustment #2  
Is this a single stage or two stage (for the PTO) clutch?

Do the fingers come completely free from the throw out bearing when the pedal is released? With that much pedal free play, I would hope so but if for some reason they are still running on the bearing, it may be keeping the plate from properly clamping the disk.

The stud with the double nut in the last photo appears to be the adjuster. Are there three of them around the plate? If those are the adjusters you may have to custom make some wrenches to reach in there. I hate to bugger up a perfectly good wrench but am willing to bend and twist anything to avoid splitting the tractor just for an adjustment. Before I split one I want to have a new bearing and disc on hand and know that I can get a plate or whole assembly if needed.

You could also probably make up some custom feeler gauges to see if you can get the same amount of clearance all the way around with the pedal depressed. Jack a rear wheel off the ground so you can turn it with while in gear to make sure the disc is clearing the same amount all the way around. Just in case there is something else going on inside the assembly that you can't see.

Mark the nuts and fingers and take lots of pictures as you go not only for your own use but if you get it figured out you can post the info for others.

Best of luck and please let us know how you make out with this.

/ 2002 Agracat 3720 Clutch Adjustment
Thanks for the information and the encouragement.
I'm digging into the situation now.

/ 2002 Agracat 3720 Clutch Adjustment
I've got access to the adjusting nut and locking nut. What does the feeler gauge go in between exactly? Between the release levers and the clutch plate?