2000 Posts

/ 2000 Posts #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
Just saw that I was on post 1999 which makes this 2000. Seems an appropriate moment for reflection...

This community is unbelievable! Like others, I found TBN while researching tractors/property and such. Lurked, then began posting and finally registered on 6/26/00. Also bought property, tractor and built a house during that time.

I've received countless great ideas, suggestions and answers from so many of you over the years. Hopefully, I've returned some of those favors or at least provided some entertainment value to the forum.

Earlier this year Muhammad asked if I would join the moderator team. I was flattered but quite apprehensive about such responsibility. After all, it must take quite a lot of work to keep this forum as dignified as it is, right? WRONG! This has to be the easiest job on earth. I don’t know a better behaved bunch of people. If only my real job were as painless, and parenting two kids is MUCH tougher than keeping over 6000 tractor nuts in line!

And look what has happened to TBN over this same period! In the “old” days you could pretty easily read every post and keep up with everyone’s various activities/projects. Now it’s tough keeping up with the post topics much less reading many of them. But it’s refreshing to still see familiar faces hanging around and so many great new people as well. Far too many to name here, see the “Who’s Online” for that list.

I’ll wrap up with a huge thanks to Muhammad, the rest of the TBN staff, the other moderators and all of my on-line friends. It’s been a great couple of years and I expect to be tractorin’ with all of you for many more to come.

Thanks to all /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 2000 Posts #2  
Ditto to what Rob has to say about TBN. I registers about the same time he did. Although I only have half as many posts /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. I can remember in an evening reading almost every post on TBN if a few hoursand making a few replies. Has come a long ways. I Still say this is the best forum on the web!

/ 2000 Posts #3  
I agree with you about TBN. The best way I've found to describe it is that it's what I always thought the internet could be. I looked and saw I'm somewhere over 1500 posts going into May here and think that about 1000 of them must've been questions with another 400 or so asking for clarification on answers I've gotten. If anyone got anything worthwhile from what I've posted here, I'm happy. If nothing else, maybe I asked a question the answer to which helped someone else as much as it helped me. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks again to everyone out here for their patience and willingness to share. You'll likely never know how much help you've really been to me and others. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 2000 Posts #5  
How's that for coincidence??? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I went to reply and it was my 3000th.(didn't mean to ***** your hand, sorry) /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

But I agree, TBN is a great place and the growth is amazing! What a great bunch of folks. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ 2000 Posts #6  
Rob: don't take long to rack up the posts, i usually get on to check out the forum and then have to get my 2 cents in, but it is such a pleasent way to spend some time with folks like myself. tractor lovers and folks that get enjoyment from working (playing) outside.

/ 2000 Posts #7  
Good for you Rob !! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif