I have a Jinma 204 2wd 20hp with a 2 Stage Clutch
the mane Clutch for the transmission Gear speeds works fine
but the pto part don’t seem to work at all win I try to engage the pto it just
grinds with the clutch all the way in
any ideas?
thanks

phil

/ 2 Stage Clutch #3  
Are both PTO levers engaged? THere is post likley an engage/disengage lever by your right heel when seted and a 540/N/1000 lever directly behind that about a foot(I reach mine over the back of the seat.

/ 2 Stage Clutch
yes both PTO levers are engaged
and it still grinds so i think the clutch needs
to be adjusted most likely any one have pics or
a Page form a book on how to adjust the clutch?
thanks

phil

/ 2 Stage Clutch #5  
sometimes you can get lucky and just adjust the stop screw in a bit. But sometimes you have to get into the bellhousing and adjust the clutch fingers themselves, to make sure they are all evenly spaced from the throw out bearing and the pull offs for the PTO disk all have the same gap. You may have a broken pull bolt which would prevent the PTO clutch from releasing fully. Unfortunately, if you have a loader, you will have to remove the right side bracket to see inside the bell housing and inspect the clutch.

/ 2 Stage Clutch #6  
I think there is an article with picture over on Johns Jinma site that shows a clutch replacement and an adjustment procedure.

johnstractor

/ 2 Stage Clutch #7  
Hi Phil,

Had the same problem. I simply wasn't pressing the pedal ALL the way down. On the double clutch half way down will dis-engage for the gears but you need to go ALL THE DOWN TO THE FLOOR to dis-engage for the PTO. If you are already going all the way down then you probably need the adjustment the guys talked about.

Good luck, George

/ 2 Stage Clutch #8  
phil tokish said:
yes both PTO levers are engaged
and it still grinds so i think the clutch needs
to be adjusted most likely any one have pics or
a Page form a book on how to adjust the clutch?
thanks

phil

CLICK HERE for full details on how to adjust the clutch. My guess is the free play between the throwout bearing and main clutch fork fingers is way too large. It's very easy to adjust.

Larry

/ 2 Stage Clutch
thanks for all the help:)

phil