2 SPEED REAR PTO

/ 2 SPEED REAR PTO #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
anybody know whay some of the new model have 2 speed rear pto? 540 or 960, what implements require pto speed of 960? just curious

/ 2 SPEED REAR PTO #2  
my century 3045 has 540 and 1000. The 1000 comes in very handy with my snowblower and when I'm using my cutter when the grass isn't real high. I don't have to run the engine so hard. You just have to remember NOT to rev it up. Also with the rpms down it is slower geared so it gives you more versatility with speeds. I have a 5ft snowblower and I run the engine at 1500 rpms. It really throws the snow smooth and I've never plugged it up. That is about 650 pto rpms. When I run the cutter I run it at 1350 and that keeps the pto rpms about 540. I've even used it with my tiller when I wanted a really SLOW speed. In low range first gear at 1300 rpms and you are just moving.
leaddog

/ 2 SPEED REAR PTO #3  
Frank - which new models have you noticed with 2 speed pto?

/ 2 SPEED REAR PTO #4  
my b1550 has a two speed rear PTO. I've never really used the higher speed yet myself. I thought I might try it with the bush hog grinding up black berry vines.

dave

/ 2 SPEED REAR PTO #5  
The B-7500 has it and I assume the new B-7510 will also. I have never used mine.

/ 2 SPEED REAR PTO #6  
My B6100E has a three speed PTO. 540 rpm is the lowest but I don't remember or use the other two. This was one of the earliest CUTs. I read somewhere that in Japan they had equipment that used the other speeds. This tractor has a mechanical lockout so you cannot use other than the 540 by accident.

/ 2 SPEED REAR PTO #7  
My 1994 B7100 had the 2spd PTO. The low side (540) would run all 540rpm rear implements and the high side (960) would engage the mid PTO and 960 rear PTO at the same time. I only used the high side for the MMM.

/ 2 SPEED REAR PTO #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( anybody know whay some of the new model have 2 speed rear pto? 540 or 960, what implements require pto speed of 960? just curious )</font>

I just got my B7610 this past Saturday and it has the 540 / 960 rear PTO also. When I was "test driving it" at the dealer - I asked what benefit it offered: he said that it's used for running the vacuum / grass catcher. (but I don't have one /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif ... yet!)

Makes sense - it does activate in parallel to the mid-PTO (2500 rpm).

Cheers,

Dan

/ 2 SPEED REAR PTO
i beleive the b7610 has it and probably some others, just curious how u could run an implement theat wes designed for 540 rpn at 960 rpm and not do harm to it? i am as usual /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 2 SPEED REAR PTO
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( it does activate in parallel to the mid-PTO (2500 rpm). )</font>

that! i did not know and nowhere on kubotas site does it say that, just the rear pto is 2 speed.