1st visit to Fastenal was exciting!

/ 1st visit to Fastenal was exciting! #11  
They have over 1 million different items in their inventory. People who buy more product do get much better pricing.

I buy my fair share of stuff at Fastenal, Most of the steel in my Power Rake came from Fastenal, ALL nuts & bolts come from there...actually, pretty much everything I buy be it Safety Glasses, Grinding Wheels, Nuts, Bolts, ReBar, etc all come from there...Reason? Its the cheapest & easiest place for me to do my business.

Kays Supply said:
I went to them once. I wanted a few special bolts. They would only sell by the box. I have not been back.

IMO, thats the problem with Fastenal...your experience vary's from store to store. All stores are corporate owned, but dont forget these guys are paid comission. Not saying this is the right thing to do, but its the cold reality...If you were on comission, who would you rather service...someone like me or a large corporate account (I have both) who is there all the time for everything, or some John Doe who comes in twice a year to buy 1 bolt?

My single biggest suggestion to deal with Fastenal is to make nice with the sales guys and do business there on a regular basis.

/ 1st visit to Fastenal was exciting!
I guess service must vary from store to store. I got 7 foot of metal cut into 8 pieces and 2 large flat washers. When I asked I was told they priced at the EACH price but did have box prices too. The manager helped the guy run the ban saw.

If I had a shop and could stock some metal and had a saw Fastenal might not be the place for me either but being able to walk out with my metal cut to order is HUGE to me. :D

Having a local business I know how hard it can be. I have my staff to shop at Office Depot first for equipment and supplies because I want them to stay in our small town too.

/ 1st visit to Fastenal was exciting! #13  
They have some really nice soft ear plugs that I can't find at the box stores. I usually buy a handful.

/ 1st visit to Fastenal was exciting! #14  
If I had a shop and could stock some metal and had a saw Fastenal might not be the place for me either but being able to walk out with my metal cut to order is HUGE to me. :D

You say that...but its cheaper & easier for me to just order what I need cut to length right from Fastenal when it comes to "odd steel" sizes...for example, I bought some 3"x6" x 1/4" Wall tubing for my power rake...buying 24' at my local Steel Sypply of it would be a waste of space & money to me...its not like I use that size every day.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2013 John Deere 640FD Draper Head (A33783)
2013 John Deere...
INGERSOLL RAND SS3J5.5GH 8 GALLON TWIN TANK AIR COMPRESSOR SUPPORT EQUIPMENT powered by Honda GX ... (A34907)
INGERSOLL RAND...
2011 Freightliner Coronado SD122 Truck (A34573)
2011 Freightliner...
COBRA MIG260 200 AMP WELDER (A34808)
COBRA MIG260 200...
Sany SY50 MP Hydraulic Thumb (A34573)
Sany SY50 MP...
2007 John Deere 1790 16/32 Row Planter (A33028)
2007 John Deere...