1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons

/ 1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons #51  
I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Yanmar. That is a rarity. They made a gazillion tractors for John Deere, and engines for others. Even Kubota makes the occasional lemon (B3350).

I would put Yanmar quality up there with Kubota.

/ 1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons #52  
I was quoted $28,900 (after $3000 rebate) for the CK3520SE, around $32k for the kubota L3302 including the trailer, and $26k (with the $3k rebate) for the YT235.

I also got a quote for the YM342 for $27,900 (with the $3,000 rebate)
This would be a no brainer for me. The best tractor in the list is also the least expensive and you have two dealers within an hour. I've owned Kubota and Yanmar and I would not even consider a new Kubota after owning a Yanmar. If Kubota is the Honda of tractors, Yanmar is the Toyota of tractors... See what I did there : )
You can run at least a 6' Kutter with that transmission most likely a 7' Kutter... ask the dealer though.

Any of them make great tractors. I really think it comes down to which one you feel comfortable operating so go run them all!

/ 1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons #53  
I had owned yanmar built john deeres for years, so I thought the yanmar would be good. If yanmar would of handled it better I would still be buying their products. I just do not think they really was to sell tractors in usa.

/ 1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons #54  
I had owned yanmar built john deeres for years, so I thought the yanmar would be good. If yanmar would of handled it better I would still be buying their products. I just do not think they really was to sell tractors in usa.

That's as much or more the dealer than the tractor maker. So your trying to steer someone away from a quality brand because you had a bad experience. So if you had an issue with a Toyota they would all be bad too, or a JD or a Kubota? The fact is, every tractor of every make turns out a lemon once in a while. That doesn't make them a bad brand. Otherwise, if you think about it, there would be no good brand of anything, because they all have issues from time to time.

There was a guy on here a while back with an issue with his TYM, though there are plenty of happy TYM owners on here. Honestly coming on here talking about Yanmar having poor quality, when if you know anything about tractors you know they are not, you're just still scorned by a bad experience.

I had a bad experience with two Subaru Oil burning brand new cars. I still think Subaru makes a great car.

/ 1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons #55  
I have not, only been to the Kubota dealer when they were closed.

I’d hope the Yanmar dealer does their own repair work as that’s all they sell. That’s all speculation.

You will want to ask them about their repair shop and if they have a Yanmar certified tech working for them. This is true of most any tractor you would buy. My Yanmar dealer made a point of telling me that and I had one small warranty item that they handled with no issues.

Also, Yanmar has a 10 year warranty.

/ 1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons #56  
One thing the OP can do is use the search function on this site to find every post referencing specific models he is considering to read what other members have said about them. Not everyone will take time to respond to a thread. The search tool will find those posts as well as the members who posted them if the OP wants to follow up with a PM to ask them questions about their experience.

/ 1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons #57  
I've owned a Kioti DK for 23 years and its been great.

But at the price quoted for the Yanmar YM342 I would be leaning very heavily that way IMO.

Last edited:
   / 1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons #58  
Yes every make has a lemon once in awhile, but it is how they handle the problem, for me Yanmar handled it bad. As I said I have owned Yanmar powered John deere"s for years and would buy a deere with a yanmar engine.

/ 1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons #59  
There have been many threads recommending that potential buyers really look into the dealer service department before buying from a particular dealer because one bad dealer service experience can sour anyone's view of a brand.

The salesman that sells the tractor typically won't be the guy making the repair if something needs a repair. The salesman that sold me a new Kubota in 2022 isn't even at the dealership anymore.