1999 L3710 HST No Crank

/ 1999 L3710 HST No Crank #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
Hi All,

My 1999 L3710 has been sitting for about 3 months since we haven't had any snow. I went to start it to get it out of the way so I can get my riding mower out and it wouldn't crank at all. I had lights but I pulled the battery out anyway and charged it. I put it back in and still have nothing. All the lights work and the glow plug indicator works as normal. I made sure the neutral safety switch was being pushed in far enough (I had that problem a few years back) but that had no effect. I checked under the hood for mice damage but didn't see any yet. I haven't gotten to the clutch safety switch yet since it got dark on me and I only have flashlight light out there. Will work on it tomorrow but I'm looking for suggestions in the meantime. Everything else seems normal, if the lights are on when trying to crank it they will dim very slightly.

Kevin

/ 1999 L3710 HST No Crank #2  
maybe the pto switch...if pto is engaged he would't crank.If you find something, keep us informed...

/ 1999 L3710 HST No Crank
maybe the pto switch...if pto is engaged he would't crank.If you find something, keep us informed...

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing as I read the owners manual last night. I read your post today at work. When I got home I checked and the PTO was not engaged so I was quite dissapointed. I moved the lever to "ON" and then back to "OFF" and tried to start the tractor. What do you know, it started right up! Problem solved and mental note made. Thanks for the advice.

Kevin

/ 1999 L3710 HST No Crank #4  
Sometimes that doesn't work and you'll need to reach up under by the rear wheel fender and pull and flex the cable to get it to unstick. Ideally probably take it off and grease/oil it.

/ 1999 L3710 HST No Crank #5  
btw, the opposite can happen too. The cable will stick so that you can start the tractor with the pto on which is a safety hazard.

/ 1999 L3710 HST No Crank #6  
Can you get a crank for an L3710? Does it even have the hole in the grill? My B8200 did not...

My old Farmall-A didn't have a starter or generator; only way to start it was with a crank.

It would be handy. I had the battery die on the Kubota a couple times. Woulda been nice to pop a crank in thru the grill and turn it over by hand.