1997 TC5 Teririmite won't move

/ 1997 TC5 Teririmite won't move #1  

mownman

Tractor
1997 Terramite Tc5
First time poster so be gentle. I have a 1997 TC5 with a 20HP Kohler engine that I have owned for over 6 years. I was using it on Dec 29 to haul some small trees/brush I had cut down from the state right of way fence,across a business parking lot, to the side of a city street. The distance was about 1/4 mile and I had made 2 trips and was at the fence to load up another load when the thing just stopped moving and would not backup. I tried rocking the pedal foward and backward no movement and no whine or noise from the transmission nothing. I checked the oil and it was a tad over full(10w40 super tech) the neutral spring is ok .I also checked the front bucket will raise and lower,curl in and out and the backhoe will also do its normal operation side to side, bucket in and out, boom up and down. It just will not move I loaded it on a trailer and got it home.The TC5 has 2343 hours on it but the 20HP Kohler was replaced at the 2311 hour mark I guess the rest of the machine has the 2343 hour run time on it. There also are several small leaks/drips from the hoses and I do have problems with it being hard to turn to the right but that is another post maybe!! I have ducked the internet for answers but not able to find a solution so I ask here MAYBE some one else has had the same problem and was able to fix theirs Thanks

/ 1997 TC5 Teririmite won't move #2  
First take up the floor plate and check the connection from the pedal to the transmission. Make sure the shaft coming out of the trans is moving when you rock the pedal. If not there could be a roll pin broken in the connection. If thats ok then check the connection between the drive motor and the rear axle, the bolts may have come out. If that's ok then either the pump (transmission) or the drive motor may have gone bad. The fact that it stopped working suddenly would make me think it's probably something in the pedal connection broke. Hopefully that's all it is, that would be the cheapest and easiest thing to fix. Keep us updated on what you find.

/ 1997 TC5 Teririmite won't move
Thanks Dart for the reply. I did take the plate off and looked at the shaft from the pedal to the transmission and they moved with the movement of the pedal.There is a square thing on the shaft thats attached to the the right side of the transmission and that transmission shaft moves with the pedal also. I'm with you on there being a problem with the pedal mechanism but what I can't understand is the quietness of the transmission in normal use even at idle there is a whine that comes from it.

What is that thing on the bottom of the transmission that has a nut with a flat bolt screwed in it. Is this some kind of hydraulic bypass for towing? It has a small drip and we tried turning the bolt 90 degrees with no luck.It will be this weekend before I can crawl under it to give everything a look over.

Also I can spell Terramite terramite terrmite termite whatever...

/ 1997 TC5 Teririmite won't move #4  
I have a T6 with 4 wheel drive so mine is a little different than yours. Look on the top of the rear flange of the trans for the part numbers of the pump(the trans pump, not the hydraulic pump). From the T5 parts book it looks like you can have either a Cessna or Eaton pump. If it's an Eaton you can find the repair instructions online at Eaton. I don't know about Cessna. With it being quiet all the time I would guess that maybe a relief valve is stuck open not letting pressure build in the system. Look up the repair info and study it for a while to learn what all the parts are. If you don't have the T5 parts book, go to the Terramite site and download it. It's not very good as parts books go but every little bit of info helps. Good luck.