3-Point Hitch 1985 --- 7375 series Cub Cadet

/ 1985 --- 7375 series Cub Cadet #1  

HEC

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 @ B2650HSDC
My friend bought this tractor not long ago and went to use the 3 pt. hitch and it will only go up at full throttle with absoulutely no load . The front end loader works just fine . The tractor did just sit for awhile so he has no idea where to start looking , if any of you can give him an idea it would be great. He is around my age ( 80 ) and not computer savvy so I will pass any info on to him . Like me he is not a mechanic . He did say the previous owner who also bought it used had a problem with forward and reverse but it worked out of it after some use .Thanks

Last edited:
   / 1985 --- 7375 series Cub Cadet #2  
7375? Are you sure it's not a 7275?

In general terms...
- Is the hydraulic fluid full?
- when was the last time the hydraulic fluid & filters changed? clogged filters sometimes cause this.
- does it have draft control, a lever usually next to the 3-point lift control? (Not sure the 727x's had this as an option)
- Does it have a front loader bucket? Are the hydraulics for the bucket plumbed correctly?
- Did/does it have a backhoe? Usually the 3PH lift is cut out of the hydraulic circuit when a backhoe is attached. Maybe the hydraulics weren't hooked up correctly afterwards.
- There is a HYDRAULIC LIFT FEEDBACK ROD that needs proper adjustment; operator's manual suggests a dealer adjust it.

Chances are you're going to need to get the tractor to somebody who knows what he's doing....

/ 1985 --- 7375 series Cub Cadet
He changed the filters and hyd. full
front loader works fine I would only guess it is hooked up correctly
No backhoe
could be 7275 I suppose it is around 30 hp , only putting info that was given to me , I am nowhere near where the tractor is.
The feedback rod will be worth looking into -- thanks

/ 1985 --- 7375 series Cub Cadet #4  
I’m not at all familiar with that tractor but possibly there’s a valve that switches the pump flow from loader to 3pt hitch.