1963 Ford 2000

/ 1963 Ford 2000 #11  
Only OVER 50 years working and repairing Ford tractors, not hearsay, not forums, experience from BEFORE all the misleading on line information from people who think they know everything.

The four-cylinder Ford 2000 tractor was very similar to the 601 Workmaster series of Ford tractors. It is entirely different than the later three-cylinder 2000 which replaced it. The 2000 you are referring to did not appear until 1965, check tractordata.com or email John Smith and the answer will be the same as mine.
I don't know what your game is but you clearly don't even understand your own statements,much less what you have read. Why do you keep bringing up similar tractors? The tractor pictured in post #1 is the only tractor op asked about. Here are excerpts from Tractordata the source you referenced.
Mechanical
Chassis:4x2 2WD
Utility Steering:manual
Row-crop Steering:power
Cab:Open operator station.
Transmissions:4-speed gear
5-speed gear
10-speed full power shift
12-speed gear
Transmission details ...
Power Take-off (PTO)
Rear PTO:transmission
live*
independent*
2000 Serial Numbers
Location:Serial number stamped on the top of the starter mount casting, on the left side of the tractor.
photo of 2000 serial number
1962:1001
1963:11949
1964:38931
When your grandpaw let you sit in his lap and hold the wheel or while repairing flat tires on 2000 Fords exactly like pictured above,you had asked what that stick on side of transmission between clutch and air cleaner is you wouldn't be here contributing to " all the misleading on line information from people who think they know everything." Folks that know how to operate and service the tractor pictured,call that stick Sherman over/under and know at a glance the tractor has 12 f & 3 r speeds. They call the smaller stick behind clutch pedal a pto shift between live and ground. Now go read ALL the information on Tractordata then tell me again " the answer will be the same as mine."

/ 1963 Ford 2000 #12  
I will admit I missed seeing the Sherman shift lever and yes that will give it 12 speeds forward and 3 reverse but that still will not give it a live PTO. Plus the Sherman affects PTO speed as well so the machine is still not useful for running a tiller.

The live PTO was an option with the 5 speed transmission or an optional independent PTO was available with the SOS. The 4 speed transmission does use the two stage clutch or have the dual transmission input shafts necessary for a live PTO. Ground PTO was the only PTO available with the 4 speed with or without a Sherman.

The devil is in the details and as I admitted I MISSED the Sherman shift lever

/ 1963 Ford 2000 #13  
I do not see a shifter for low/high, so it as I say above a great tractor but not for using with a tiller. I sold mine in April for $2600, it was mechanically sound, engine replaced in 1988 and mine had great paint and was stored inside.

/ 1963 Ford 2000 #14  
I do not see a shifter for low/high, so it as I say above a great tractor but not for using with a tiller. I sold mine in April for $2600, it was mechanically sound, engine replaced in 1988 and mine had great paint and was stored inside.
The shifter is in the second pic just below the air cleaner, easy to miss. I sure did. I agree with you good tractors with a plow or disk just not a tiller.