1963 Ford 2000

/ 1963 Ford 2000 #1  

Olympus

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS R3039
Any idea what it would be worth? Runs good, converted to 12v, and has power steering. Do these have live pto? Primary use would be brush hogging ATV trails, tilling food plots, etc.

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

/ 1963 Ford 2000 #2  
Any idea what it would be worth? Runs good, converted to 12v, and has power steering. Do these have live pto? Primary use would be brush hogging ATV trails, tilling food plots, etc.
That is either a 63 or 64 model 2000, same tractor as the earlier 64x series tractors. It is a 4 speed transmission and it is not a live PTO. Good tractor and it is quite capable of running a bush hog but it must have an ORC and it ABSOLUTELY is no good for running a tiller, ground speed is to fast even in it's lowest gear.

/ 1963 Ford 2000 #3  
They are great tractors, I just sold mine in June. I mainly mowed, sprayed and raked rock. Also used a 7 tine cultivator for making food plots. I sold it for exactly what John said- won't go slow enough to operate a tiller.

/ 1963 Ford 2000
Ok thanks guys. Seller is firm at $4000 and that’s probably more than I want to spend on something with some limited capabilities.

/ 1963 Ford 2000 #5  
That is either a 63 or 64 model 2000, same tractor as the earlier 64x series tractors. It is a 4 speed transmission and it is not a live PTO. Good tractor and it is quite capable of running a bush hog but it must have an ORC and it ABSOLUTELY is no good for running a tiller, ground speed is to fast even in it's lowest gear.

They are great tractors, I just sold mine in June. I mainly mowed, sprayed and raked rock. Also used a 7 tine cultivator for making food plots. I sold it for exactly what John said- won't go slow enough to operate a tiller.
Wrong,wrong,wrong and wrong. That tractor HAS LIVE PTO and a transmission unsurpassed for longevity and ground speed selection (12 foward & 3 reverse). A box turtle can outrun it in low gear.
There's countless 2000 Fords working hard today,anyone want to wager how many 2022 model year tractors of any color will even remain in one piece much less move in 2072 ?

/ 1963 Ford 2000 #6  
We always disced the ground. Had an 8' Long tiller. It worked fine. We still disc first, even with low gear diesel power. Still have the Long brand tiller.

/ 1963 Ford 2000 #7  
My neighbor bought one (gas model) a couple months ago, it has a loader and is a nice tractor. He paid $2,450 for it. $2500 is the going price around here... Diesels do bring a bit more...

SR

/ 1963 Ford 2000 #8  
Wrong,wrong,wrong and wrong. That tractor HAS LIVE PTO and a transmission unsurpassed for longevity and ground speed selection (12 foward & 3 reverse). A box turtle can outrun it in low gear.
There's countless 2000 Fords working hard today,anyone want to wager how many 2022 model year tractors of any color will even remain in one piece much less move in 2072 ?
DO NOT confuse the later model 2000 tractors with a 3 cylinder motor with the early 2000 tractors with 4 cylinders THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.

/ 1963 Ford 2000 #9  
DO NOT confuse the later model 2000 tractors with a 3 cylinder motor with the early 2000 tractors with 4 cylinders THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.
WHAT makes you believe I'm confused ? Having operated BOTH versions when they were new and intermittently 50 years since I'm keenly aware of the DIFFERENCE. Besides hearsay,online forums and u-tube,what qualifies you to talk about these tractors?

/ 1963 Ford 2000 #10  
Only OVER 50 years working and repairing Ford tractors, not hearsay, not forums, experience from BEFORE all the misleading on line information from people who think they know everything.

The four-cylinder Ford 2000 tractor was very similar to the 601 Workmaster series of Ford tractors. It is entirely different than the later three-cylinder 2000 which replaced it. The 2000 you are referring to did not appear until 1965, check tractordata.com or email John Smith and the answer will be the same as mine.